Ad Retargeting in Numbers – Statistics and Trends
The current stats indicate that 3 out of 4 consumers now notice retargeted Ads. Needless to say, businesses are quickly revising their opinion of Ad retargeting, with one in five marketers now having a dedicated budget for retargeting. In the following infographic, “Ad Retargeting in Numbers – Statistics and Trends”, we will be illustrating how Ad retargeting is affecting brand retention and purchase decisions.
Infographic by- Invesp
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
How Retargeted Ads Affect Purchase Decisions
Affect %age User reminded to revisit retailer’s website 8.65% User responded to special offer in the Ads 7.37% User ignored the Ad 46.15% User put off by the Ads 37.82%
Stats On Consumer Concern After Seeing Retargeted Ads
Some consumers show concern when Ads follow them after they visit the websites of certain retailers, while others don’t bother much.
Concern level %age Very concerned 18.87% Somewhat concerned 34.80% Neither concerned, nor unconcerned 29.41% Somewhat unconcerned 6.86% Very unconcerned 10.05%
46% of search engine marketing professionals believe retargeting is the most underused online marketing technology.
The average click-through rate for display Ads is 0.07 percent, while the average click-through for retargeted Ads is about 0.7 percent.
Website visitors who are retargeted with display Ads are 70% more likely to convert on retailer’s website.
Main Objectives Of Retargeting
Objective %age To acquire customers 56% Build brand awareness 42% To acquire competitor’s customers 11%
Retargeted customers are three times more likely to click on your Ad than people who haven’t interacted with your business before.
26% of customers will return to a site through retargeting.
56% of respondents to a survey listed FBX as one of the types of retargeting tactics that they use – up from 41% in the previous survey.
50% of marketers said their retargeting budget will increase in the next 6 months.
Main Types Of Retargeting
Retargeting type Total Agency Brand Site 87.9% 87.4% 89.0% Search 64.9% 68.8% 54.9% 26.1% 22.5% 35.2% Creative 29.8% 32.9% 22% Other 3.1% 3.0% 3.3%
More from my site
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: "Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers." Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.View All Posts By Khalid Saleh
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to CustomersBy Khalid Saleh and Ayat ShukairyGet a Copy
- 4 Time-Tested Principles of Psychology that Will Help You Increase Your Conversion Rates
- How To Increase Your Conversion Rate Using Persuasion At Every Stage In The E-commerce Conversion Funnel
- 8 Ways You Can Tweak Your Microcopy To Boost Your Conversion Rates
- 5 Tips to Create an Engaging Email Marketing Campaign
- 6 Underrated but Effective Conversion Optimization Techniques
- 7 Ways to Improve Conversions by Addressing Customer Fears and Anxieties
- 4 Types of Landing Pages Guaranteed to Convert (and How to Use Them)
- US Digital Display Ad Spending – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- 7 Little Known Tips to Cut Down Your Bounce Rate
- 5 Questions You Need to Ask to Design Conversion-Oriented Landing Pages