Activity Levels of Businesses on Social Media [Infographic]
Social media has become an important part of marketing campaigns for businesses. Business owners are now more aware of how social media can help them grow. Read our infographic to understand:
• How businesses use popular social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and so on)
• How much time they spend on these platforms
• How they connect with their customers and much more.
Infographic by- Invesp
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
Some Interesting Facts
Internet users spend 22.5% of their time social networking while online.
By 2015, global social commerce revenues are estimated to reach $30 billion,
Global Social Commerce Revenues for 2012-2015
Year US Rest of The World (in billions) Total Revenues (in billions) 2012 3 6 9 2013 5 8 13 2014 9 12 21 2015 14 16 30
87% of Fortune 100 companies have a presence on at least one social media website, with Twitter being the most popular.
Worldwide, 86% of companies have a presence on Facebook and Twitter, while just over half use YouTube and LinkedIn.
Only slightly more than a third of worldwide companies have a presence on Pinterest and/or Google+.
25% of Small to Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs) has no social strategy.
Only 28% of SMBs measure their social media campaign ROI.
83% (88% in 2014) of companies prefer Facebook as their preferred social tool for brand marketing, while 53% (64% in 2014) prefer Twitter.
62% of marketers say social media has become more vital to their marketing campaigns within the last six months.
Only 26% of businesses regularly include a Call To Action (CTA) in their tweets.
On average, companies respond to only 30% of feedback received from social media websites.
56% of customer tweets to companies are ignored; only 44% of customer question tweets are answered within 24 hours.
39% of companies do not track their social media responses at all, and 55% ignore all customer feedback on Twitter and Facebook, largely because they have no process in place to respond.
46% of online users use social media sites to review their purchase decisions.
Only 30 of the top 500 online retailers allow users to use their Facebook log-in to create user accounts.
Less than 20% of U.S. companies have integrated social media with their customer service, sales, or product development processes.
More than 80% of Small to Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs) plans to increase their use of social media in 2013.
More from my site
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: "Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers." Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.View All Posts By Khalid Saleh
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to CustomersBy Khalid Saleh and Ayat ShukairyGet a Copy
- 5 Tips to Create an Engaging Email Marketing Campaign
- 6 Underrated but Effective Conversion Optimization Techniques
- 7 Ways to Improve Conversions by Addressing Customer Fears and Anxieties
- 4 Types of Landing Pages Guaranteed to Convert (and How to Use Them)
- US Digital Display Ad Spending – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- 7 Little Known Tips to Cut Down Your Bounce Rate
- 5 Questions You Need to Ask to Design Conversion-Oriented Landing Pages
- Mobile Search Engine Advertising – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- 5 Tips to Run A/B Tests The Right Way
- How to Split Test Without Harming Your Site’s SEO