The Importance Of Mobile Website Optimization [Infographic]
How important is mobile website optimization? Consider how much time and money people are spending on mobile devices these days. The numbers agree as well– 10% of the world’s total internet traffic is mobile-driven. In 2012 alone, $6.7 billion worth of goods were bought via mobile devices, just in the US. Mobile device sale is expected to touch $31 billion by this year end. Read our infographic, “The importance of mobile website optimization” for a deep look at mobile traffic, mobile sales and the growing importance of mobile optimized websites.
Infographic by- Invesp
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
Mobile Traffic Segmented by Device
Device Traffic %age Android devices 42% iPhones 36% iPads and iPad Minis 18% BlackBerrys 2%
Mobile commerce now accounts for 23% of online sales
Number of purchases made by Smartphone users in the last six months
Number Of mCommerce Purchases %Age Of Smartphone Owners 0 51% 1-3 26% 4-6 11% 7-9 5% 10-15 2% More than 15 5%
Only 35% of businesses have mobile-optimized sites as of now.
Companies with mobile-optimized sites triple their chances of increasing mobile conversion rate to 5% or more.
97% of mobile carts are abandoned due to distraction from unnecessaryelements and multiple screens in mobile shopping carts.
How Businesses Optimize Website For Mobile Devices
Method %age Responsive design (client–side) 46% Mobile-specific development platform 41% Building in HTML5 33% Adaptive design (server-side) 22% Other 2% None of the above 9%
55% of purchase related conversions occur within 1 hour of initial mobile search.
43% of consumers are unlikely to return to a slow-loading mobile site.
40% of consumers are going to turn to a competitor’s site after a bad mobile experience.
73% of mobile search devices trigger additional action and conversion.
Action %age Research 36% Visit to retail site 25% Sharing information 18% Visit a store 17% Make a purchase 17% Call a business 7%
Tablet visitors are nearly three times more likely to purchase than smartphone visitors
52% of tablet users say they prefer to shop using their table rather than their PC
72% of tablet owners make purchases from their devices on a weekly basis
More from my site
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: "Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers." Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.View All Posts By Khalid Saleh
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to CustomersBy Khalid Saleh and Ayat ShukairyGet a Copy
- 10 Most Common Trust Related Problems Affecting the Conversion Rate of Your Website
- 11 Deadly Landing Page Sins Every Marketer Needs To Avoid
- US Programmatic Ad Spending – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- 4 Reasons to Continue with Social Media Despite Their Low Conversion Rates
- Global In-app Purchase Revenue Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- 4 Time-Tested Principles of Psychology that Will Help You Increase Your Conversion Rates
- How To Increase Your Conversion Rate Using Persuasion At Every Stage In The E-commerce Conversion Funnel
- 8 Ways You Can Tweak Your Microcopy To Boost Your Conversion Rates
- 5 Tips to Create an Engaging Email Marketing Campaign
- 6 Underrated but Effective Conversion Optimization Techniques