We live in a world that offers a tremendous amount of information. The online world is even more intense, as readers often have the attention span of a gnat. The first, and sometimes only, chance that you have to catch a reader on your first screen is through your headline. A headline’s job is to literally make a reader stop…and then read more.
1. Pleasing or Painful Headlines
A headline should include a benefit that will appeal to your readers, whether that benefit is a positive or a negative. Positive headlines might be geared around:
Saving Profiting Gaining Winning …Read More
Last week I attended a webinar held by elastic path’s Jason Billingsley with guest speaker Mellissa Burdon of Future Now. The topic was 7 ways to boost your holiday conversion rate. It’s always nice to hear the guys at Future Now talking about conversion, and I thought that this webinar was particularly interesting.
The webinar’s main goal was to present 7 solutions that can be easily implemented to improve conversion rate. I will list the 7 points and elaborate on my thoughts of each:
1. Product Images Tell a Story
Your products need to elaborate more on their details …Read More
Did you ever click on a PPC ad for Victoria’s Secret? You do not have to explain to me, I know that you wanted to get a gift for your wife or girlfriend. But maybe you are doing a conversion rate optimization project and you are clicking on that Victoria’s Secret ad again, but this time to do some research on increasing your landing page conversion rate? Victoria Secret’s targets a specific gender with their landing page, and creating gender specific landing page is the latest trend in landing page design.
Let’s go back to that Victoria’s Secret ad. …Read More
Everybody’s looking for that quick fix to increase their traffic. So is there something out there that’s really fast and effective? Well, there’s an option of signing up with sites that will most likely scam you out of your money, or you can implement any of the following tips:
• Get with the program: start blogging! So if you haven’t noticed yet, everyone is blogging. Big companies, small companies, and professionals at every level have taken on blogging, and so should you. Don’t think that your line of work or your organization doesn’t require a blog; if you have a website, you …Read More
If you are a regular reader of this blog, you know that the secret of improving site conversion rate starts with your visitors. It is a lot easier to talk hypothetically about a creating client focused site, but implementation is another story. Stepping out of your comfort zone and stepping into your site visitor’s shoes will help you to better understand them, especially their needs and wants. At the end creating the perfect website starts with building user confidence, creating quality content, keeping design simple and providing real value to your visitors.
Let’s take John for example, a first …Read More
How many times have you walked into a store and been so enthralled with product that you just couldn’t imagine your life without it? I hope not too many times! But seriously, sometimes companies do such a great job advertising their product or service you think you can’t live without it. Like some of those infomercials; I mean I watch them KNOWING that the item is most likely crappy because of previous experiences; but they still now how to advertise their product so well. They understand what the client is looking for, what they would want to see, and …Read More
Whether you want to increase your site sales, the number of leads you generate from your site or simply increase brand awareness, I will let you in on a secret. No matter how many conversion experts you talk to, no matter what complicated, jargon-filled explanation they use, increasing conversion rate comes down to examining your site from three elements. Sounds too simple?
To sell better online and to convert more, examine each page of your site from the following three aspects:
1. Who are you targeting on that page?
2. What actions do you want them to take on that …Read More
- Stop confusing usability with conversion
- Beware of mind games
- My thoughts on Basecamp new head of marketing position
- The Importance of Sale Follow Ups – Statistics and Trends
- Buy Online Pick Up In Store – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- The Importance of Cross Selling and E-commerce Product Recommendations – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- Millennial Online Shopping Habits – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- The State of Local Digital Ad Spending – Statistics and Trends
- Understand The Magic of ‘Habit’
- Why Welcome Emails Are Important – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
Latest Blog Posts