Social media engagement – Statistics and Trends
Did you know that nearly 2.1 Billion people in this world have social media accounts. Nearly 7 in 10 internet users are active on social media and 4 in 10 internet users actively use social media apps. More than 50% of Facebook users use social media platform more than once a day, followed by Youtube(28%) , Google+ (25%) , Twitter(27%) and Instagram (24%) . Check out our latest infographic on “Social Media Engagement” for latest statistics and trends.
Infographic by- Invesp Conversion Rate Optimization
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
How often active users access each social media platform
Social Media Platform More than once a day Daily Weekly Less Often 50% 25% 13% 12% Youtube 28% 30% 25% 17% Google+ 25% 28% 22% 25% 27% 24% 24% 25% 24% 23% 23% 30% Tumblr 15% 18% 22% 45% 13% 22% 30% 35% 14% 20% 23% 43%
User Interactions with brand posts as percentage of brands fans or followers
Social media Brand Brand Engagement 4.21% 0.07% 0.03%
Post engagement rate on facebook is 75% in the first 5 hours.
Engagement rates on Thursdays and Fridays are 18% higher than the other day.
Engagement rates on Thursdays and Fridays because people find more leisure time available.
88.2% of US companies will use social networks for marketing purposes, and is estimated to reach 89.4% by 2017.
64% of marketers said that increasing audience engagement was crucial for their social media marketing strategy.
Tweets with 1-2 hashtags get 21% higher average engagement than those with none.
Tweets with more than 3 hashtags get 17% less engagement.
Facebook posts with less than 250 characters get 60% more engagement.
Tweets with Images Receive 150% more Re-Tweets
53% of Americans Who Follow Brands in Social Are More Loyal to Those Brands
87% of a Facebook Page’s Engagement Happens on Photo Posts
Brand Engagement on Twitter Decreases If Your Brand is Tweeting More Than 3 X a Day
Facebook images that were posted together as a photo album post received 12.9 times more clicks than single photo posts.
Facebook images that were posted together as a photo album post increased reach by 5.1 times.
More from my site
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: "Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers." Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.View All Posts By Khalid Saleh
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to CustomersBy Khalid Saleh and Ayat ShukairyGet a Copy
- 100 Must Read, Bookmark, Save, Listen to Resources On Conversion Optimization
- The Importance of Word Of Mouth Marketing – Statistics and Trends
- A Step By Step Guide To Turn Your Homepage Into High Conversion Machine
- The Importance of Multichannel Marketing – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- 15 Fatal Conversion Rate Optimization Mistakes You Could Be Doing Right Now
- How to Create a Cart Abandonment Strategy That Wins Back Customers
- DIY: How To Map Your Buyer Personas To Improve Conversions
- How Free Shipping Influence Online Buying Decisions
- A Guide To Writing Product Page Copy That Creates A Memorable Brand Experience
- Case Study: How Incentives and Trust help a Billion-Dollar Company Increase Conversions by 6.89%