Mobile Commerce Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
According to current reports, at present only about 1.6 billion people use their mobile devices to shop online globally. However, by the end of 2017, over two billion mobile phone or tablet users will make some form of mobile commerce transaction. 95% of mobile internet users look up local information on their phones for the purpose of calling or visiting a business. Presently, mobile devices account for 19% of all US retail e-commerce sales. This figure is estimated to reach 27% by the end of 2018, which represents 1 out of every 4 US retail e-commerce dollars. Check out our infographic, ‘Mobile Commerce Statistics and Trends’ for an in-depth view into details such as the US m-commerce sales by device, conversion rate, average order value and much more.
Infographic by- Invesp conversion optimization
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
US Retail M-Commerce Sales By Device (in billions)
Year Tablets Smartphone Other mobile devices 2014 $38.02 $18.49 $1.27 2015 $51.96 $22.92 $1.53 2016 $68.98 $27.47 $1.67 2017 $81.87 $30.91 $1.72 2018 $96.31 $34.63 $1.75
Average Conversion Rate By Device
Device Average Conversion Rate Average Revenue Per Visit Desktop 2.06% $4.11 Tablet 1.54% $2.58 Mobile phone 0.55% $0.87
Average E-Commerce Order By Device
Smartphone Device Average Order Value iPhone $117.76 Android $111.70 Windows $100.91
People who shop online using their mobile devices tend to spend twice as much via digital channels than those not buying on mobile devices.
Online Shopping Percentages Based On Device
Device Online Shopping Percentage (2014) PC and Laptop Dropped from 78% to 63% Smartphone Doubled from 8% to 15% Tablets Doubled from 5% to 10%
32% of shoppers changed their minds about purchasing items after checking out product information on their mobiles within brick-and-mortar stores. Out of these shoppers:
- 20% decided to complete their purchase elsewhere
- 20% decided against purchase
- 22% decided to buy the items online
- Only 19% of the shoppers actually completed the purchase cycle in-store.
56% of smartphone or tablet users intend on utilizing their devices to search for and/or buy gifts this holiday season. That’s a 7% increase from last year. 42% will do more shopping on their smartphones and tablets this year.
53% of smartphone and tablet owners will shop on company-specific apps downloaded from an app store.
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- Value Proposition:What is It, How It Works, And Why You Should Pay Attention to It
- Are Customer Journey Maps More Than A Pretty Diagram? Are They Worth The Investment?
- The Importance of Same Day Delivery – Statistics and Trends
- A Case Against Personas
- The Importance of Influencer Marketing – Statistics and Trends
- How PURE Can Boost Your Website Conversion Rates To A Whole New Level
- How A Cognitive Walkthrough Can Improve Website Usability and Conversions
- Navigational Stress Tests: How to Increase Conversions With Three Simple Questions?
- Six Steps to Creating The Complete Customer Journey Maps
- Personas Strategy : What you Need to Know and How to Copy it