Online Marketing For Small Businesses – Statistics and Trends
- Posted in Infographics
Did you know 50% of SMBs spend less than $300/month on online marketing and 75% of SMBs believe that internet marketing is ‘effective’ or ‘very’ effective at attracting new customers. Check our latest infographic “Online Marketing For Small Businesses” for latest small businesses online marketing statistics and trends.
Infographic by- Invesp Conversion Optimization
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
How much marketing budget small businesses allocate to online marketing
%age of Marketing budget Spent on Online Marketing %age of Small businesses Less than 20% 55% 21-40% 11% 41-60% 8% 61-80% 5% 81-100% 10% Uncertain 11%
37% do plan to increase their internet marketing spend over the next 12 months
Around 74% of SMBs surveyed have a website. Out of which 56% said that their website has a responsive design.
SMBs attitude towards Digital Marketing
Attitude %age I understand and I do it all myself 29% I am learning it and want to do it myself 28% I’d like to do it but don’t have the budget 17% I’d like to do it but don’t have the time 10% I’d prefer to pay a marketing expert 10% I don’t understand it or feel confident doing it 4% I’m not interested and don’t think it works for me 2%
Nearly 3/4 of U.S. SMBs Use Social Media to Promote Their Business.
37% of SMBs plan to spend more on internet marketing in 2015.
32% say internet marketing is ‘very effective’ at attracting customers.
SMBs change in spending on an Outside Agency/Consultant
Change in Spending %age Increase 12% Remain Flat 24% Decrease 30% Uncertain 12% We don’t do this 22%
Most Effective Marketing Channels in attracting new leads/customers
Marketing Channel %age Word of Mouth 28% SEO 20% Online Local Directories 15% Email Marketing 10% Mobile Marketing 4% PPC Advertising 4%
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: "Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers." Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.View All Posts By Khalid Saleh
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- How to Use the Power of Selective Attention Phenomenon for Higher Conversion Rates
- Usability 101: Designing for A Better User Experience
- How to Use the Fresh Start Effect for Better Conversion Marketing
- Does CRO negatively impact SEO: Rivalry or friendship?
- How Long Should You Run an A/B Test for?
- Why you should run A/A tests in your conversion optimization program
- Your conversion optimization plan for peak seasons (including the holidays)
- The death of the average CRO
- How Digital Influences In-store Shopping Behavior – Statistics and Trends
- Review of digital marketing & SEM conferences: reflecting on my experience