9 sure ways to increase your website traffic
- Posted in Sales & Marketing
Everybody’s looking for that quick fix to increase their traffic. So is there something out there that’s really fast and effective? Well, there’s an option of signing up with sites that will most likely scam you out of your money, or you can implement any of the following tips:
• Get with the program: start blogging! So if you haven’t noticed yet, everyone is blogging. Big companies, small companies, and professionals at every level have taken on blogging, and so should you. Don’t think that your line of work or your organization doesn’t require a blog; if you have a website, you need to blog! It’s such a great way to drive a natural traffic to your site. People will begin to link back to beneficial posts and may refer friends to check out your site. Don’t underestimate the power of a blog.
• Don’t write regular posts: Too many bloggers think that posting short 100 words blogs is enough to get readers interested and to keep them coming back. I have to admit I was guilty of that when I first started blogging. Although there are no rules about the length of a post, what matters is that your posts are intriguing enough to create a faithful reader base. Most successful blogs will publish at least one lengthy and well researched post per week. Some call these lengthier posts “pillar posts” because they are a pillar to establish a great blog.
• Establish Strong Social Media Connections: Well there isn’t much point to blogging if you haven’t established strong connections with other bloggers, forum members, and users of social media sites. Why is this so crucial? Because great content is not enough; you have to market that content. And social media marketing is probably when of the best ways to market your content online. So remember:
- The more you comment on someone else’s blog, the more likely it is that they will comment on yours.
- The more you participate in forums, the more you encourage people to visit.
- The more you link to other blogs within your own entries, the more bloggers will link-back to you, thus helping you generate more and more traffic to your site.
• What about Articles? Usually blogs can range from 200 words – 1500 words. Those entries are very valuable for ranking well within search engines because of the new content you’re offering. However, writing SEO articles is a valuable technique as well. SEO articles are keyword rich, useful content that can be designed to target specific words and phrases that you would like to rank for within search engine queries. This can help generate a lot of natural traffic for you. Additionally, you don’t always have to publish these articles on your site: consider article submissions or notable online magazines. The amount of link-backs you will receive, in addition to the recognition of publishing on a worthy site will help double and triple your traffic in no time. Article publishing sites use to work very well couple of years back but I believe that search engines discount the authority of these sites to a great extent nowadays. So the real value is not in these sites themselves; it is one someone picks up an article from these sites and publishes it on his own site or forum. I know we got couple of good clients when our articles were published on web pro world.
• Make it easy to subscribe: Once you have an RSS feed to your site, you can easily expect people to subscribe to your blog, thus generating more traffic. Of course, be weary of partial vs. full feed because this will impact whether or not people will continue to subscribe to your blog.
• Give them a reason to come back: Offering a valuable resource such as a whitepaper is a great incentive to get people coming back and referring others to your site. If you have the capability to write a whitepaper that is going to offer valuable information to your community and/or client base; than write one and offer it as a download. If you are just starting out, offer your whitepapers for free. Most websites require visitors to subscribe to your site before downloading whitepapers. That can work very well in building up a mailing list.
• Can I trust you? Nobody likes to subscribe to, our visit a site that seems fishy. If you want to get more people coming to your site, you need to show that them that you value their privacy. This can happen through simply stating the importance of their privacy, become a member of authentic groups, and placing the icons of your memberships throughout the site.
• Winning something: If you want a surefire way to get you publicity throughout the web, then hold a contest and offer prize money or some material reward. Our $400 blog contest generated tons of link backs from other bloggers as well as a ton of traffic to the site. People love it and will come flocking to your site, write about you, and give you lots of link love.
• Widgets and more…: There’s no secret that if you offer something valuable on your site, traffic will come. And online tools do just that! You’re offering something free and useful to online visitors, and as a result you become bookmarked, referred to, linked to, and even mentioned throughout the web. But please, no more calculators and calendars. If you want good ideas for tools, visit any forums and see what people are actually looking for!
So, let’s come up with an action plan:
- If you have not started blogging, then plan on installing a blogging software in the next three days!
- Come up with a list of 20 blog topics that you can write about. At least 5 topics from your list will be lengthier posts of 1200 words or more.
- Select two online forums which you will start participating in regularly. At a minimum, you should post in each forum once a day. Your comments should be meaningful and enhance the discussion on the forum.
- Select 10 different blogs that write about something that interest you and start reading and commenting on them regularly. Just like forums, no spammy comments. The goal is to establish real relationships with bloggers.
- Come up with a list of lengthy articles that will be of interest to your client base. Plan on publishing one article per month.
- Come up with a list of authority sites in your field that accept article submission. Contact these site to understand what editorial guidelines they have for publishing articles
- As you go through forums and blogs, be on the look out for ways to create tools. If someone is complaining about a problem that does not have a real solution, that might your first tool.
There are more ways to get traffic, but these ways will help you significantly see growth in less than 60 days. What other great techniques do you implement?
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- Value Proposition:What is It, How It Works, And Why You Should Pay Attention to It
- Are Customer Journey Maps More Than A Pretty Diagram? Are They Worth The Investment?
- The Importance of Same Day Delivery – Statistics and Trends
- A Case Against Personas
- The Importance of Influencer Marketing – Statistics and Trends
- How PURE Can Boost Your Website Conversion Rates To A Whole New Level
- How A Cognitive Walkthrough Can Improve Website Usability and Conversions
- Navigational Stress Tests: How to Increase Conversions With Three Simple Questions?
- Six Steps to Creating The Complete Customer Journey Maps
- Personas Strategy : What you Need to Know and How to Copy it