Email Subject Lines – Statistics and Trends
- Posted in Infographics
Did you know 47% of email recipients open email based on the subject line whereas 69% of email recipients report email as spam based solely on the subject line. Emails with no subject all together have an open rate of 8% more than those with a subject line, whereas e-mails with personalized subject lines are 22% more likely to be opened. Check out our infographic on E-mail subject lines for latest statistics and trends.
Infographic by- Invesp Conversion Optimization
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
Open rate by number of words in E-mail subject line
Number of words Open rate 0-5 16% 6-10 21% 11-15 14% 16-20 12% 21-25 9%
Open rates with recipients name in E-mail subject line
Name Open rate With name 18.30% Without name 15.70%
18.7% decrease in open rates when the word “newsletter” is used in subject lines.
Emails with “Free” in the subject line were opened 10% more than those without.
Emails with “fw:” in the subject line were opened 17% less than those without.
Subject lines that create a sense of urgency and exclusivity can give a 22% higher open rate.
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: “Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers.”
Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- Buy Online Pick Up In Store – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- Millennial Online Shopping Habits – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- The State of Local Digital Ad Spending – Statistics and Trends
- Understand The Magic of ‘Habit’
- Why Welcome Emails Are Important – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- The Reason CRO is FLAWed
- No Low Hanging Fruits Here: Reflections on Running Conversion Projects
- Using Persuasive Web Design to Increase Conversion Rates
- Websites X-Rayed Series: A Deep Dive Evaluation of 200 Top E-commerce Cart Pages