The Importance Of Online Customer Reviews [Infographic]
How important are customer reviews to shoppers? Very important, as it turns out. The fact is, 90% of consumers read online reviews before visiting a business. And 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
We’ve got many more fun, interesting facts that’ll help you see why your customer review is so important to other shoppers! Check out our infographic, “The Importance Of Online Customer Reviews”, to read more facts. Enjoy!
Infographic by- Invesp conversion optimizaion
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
For nearly 9 in 10 consumers, an online review is as important as a personal recommendation.
Customers are likely to spend 31% more on a business with “excellent” reviews.
72% say that positive reviews make them trust a local business more
92% of users will use a local business if it has at least a 4-star rating
72% of consumers will take action only after reading a positive review
Reliability (27%), expertise (21%) & professionalism (18%) are the most important reputation traits for a local business
Estimated Number Of Online Reviews Customers Read Before Trusting A Business
Estimated number of reviews %age 0 8% 1 3% 2-3 24% 4-6 32% 7-10 18% 11-20 8% 21-30 3% 31-40 1% 41-50 1% 51+ 2%
86% of people will hesitate to purchase from a business that has negative online reviews.
On average, a one-star increase on Yelp leads to a 5 to 9% increase in a business’s revenue. At the same time, a single negative review can cost a business about 30 customers.
The number of reviews posted every minute by Yelp users is 26,380
The percentage of Yelp users that have made a purchase at a business they found on Yelp is 98%
The percentage of Yelp users that visit Yelp because they intend to make a purchase is 80%
How To Deal With Negative Reviews
When you receive a negative review, here’s what you should do:
- Respond Promptly
- Be real and admit your mistakes
- Correct inaccuracies
- Highlight your strengths
- Write like a person, not a corporation
- Take it offline
- Provide restitution if it’s warranted
- Ask loyal customers to share their experiences
- Be consistent
- Understand How Rating and Review Sites Work
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: "Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers." Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.View All Posts By Khalid Saleh
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to CustomersBy Khalid Saleh and Ayat ShukairyGet a Copy
- How Decluttering and Highlighting Incentives Increased Conversions by 13.98% on Product Pages and 17.75% on Cart Page [Case Study]
- 30 A/B Tests to Boost Your SaaS Conversion Rates
- 9 Best Practices For Conversion Rate Optimization
- A/B Testing and Multivariate Testing: An Introduction to Testing for Conversion Rate Optimization
- Sale Complexity: How It Impacts Online Conversion Rates and How to Design for It
- Buyer’s Journey Stages: Optimizing Your Website for Every Stage of the Online Buying Cycle
- Using Buyer Personas: The Cornerstone Ingredient for Better Conversions
- Price, Scarcity, and Urgency: Use Incentives to Increase Conversion Rates on Your Website
- How to Use Google Analytics to Increase Conversions
- The Importance of Optimizing Your Email for Mobile Devices