The Importance of Word Of Mouth Marketing – Statistics and Trends
- Posted in Infographics
Did you know word of mouth marketing drives $6 trillion of annual consumer spending and is estimated to account for 13% of consumer sales. Word of Mouth marketing impression results 5x more sales than a paid media impression and people are 90% more likely to trust and buy from a brand recommended by a friend. Check out our new post on the importance of word of mouth marketing for latest word of mouth marketing statistics and trends.
Infographic by- Invesp Conversion Rate and Landing Page Optimization Company
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
88% of consumers placed the highest level of trust in word-of-mouth recommendations of from people they know.
Brands that inspire a higher emotional intensity receive 3x as much word of mouth marketing as less emotionally connected brands.
28% of consumers say word of mouth is the most important factor in strengthening or eroding brand affinity.
64% of marketing executives indicated that they believe word of mouth is the most effective form of marketing.
70% of respondents are planning to increase their online word of mouth marketing spend, and 29% will increase their offline word of mouth marketing spend.
82% of marketers use word of mouth marketing to increase their brand awareness, but 43% expect WOMM to improve their direct sales.
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: "Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers." Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.View All Posts By Khalid Saleh
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- Why you should run A/A tests in your conversion optimization program
- Your conversion optimization plan for peak seasons (including the holidays)
- The death of the average CRO
- How Digital Influences In-store Shopping Behavior – Statistics and Trends
- Review of digital marketing & SEM conferences: reflecting on my experience
- 2017 US Holiday Shopping Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- Starting your conversion optimization project the correct way
- The Importance of Live Chat Customer Support – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- The not so pretty side of entrepreneurship: 12 lessons we learned the hard way
- 2 facebook live events with important CRO lessons