Better Cart Page Generates 12% More Conversions
Editor Note: We highly recommend that you implement the different ideas in this blog post through AB testing. Use the guide to conduct AB testing and figure out which of these ideas in the article works for your website visitors and which don’t. Download Invesp’s “The Essentials of Multivariate & AB Testing” now to start your testing program on the right foot.
Certain elements of the conversion framework tend to weigh more heavily on the different pages of your website. And within your site, as you near the checkout, the pages have more value, meaning the page ROI, when optimized correctly, will have a more direct impact on your bottom line.
The tendency maybe to optimize the cart and checkout process as a result, and I must be clear, we do not condone that. The cart and checkout are the final pages in the conversion process. A lot of persuasion must happen in advance in order to maximize the number of visitors that actually reach the cart and checkout pages. However, one you do get to optimizing cart and checkout, there are some important key considerations to lower cart abandonment rates and increase buyer momentum:
- Increase page scent through decluttering
- Increase trust, value, and urgency on the page through contributing elements and language
- Mitigate FUDs through a stepped process
In the above video, we discussed the research and findings behind the delicate balance between trust and urgency on the cart page and how following these steps, you can see uplifts of over 10% on your cart page.
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- Value Proposition:What is It, How It Works, And Why You Should Pay Attention to It
- Are Customer Journey Maps More Than A Pretty Diagram? Are They Worth The Investment?
- The Importance of Same Day Delivery – Statistics and Trends
- A Case Against Personas
- The Importance of Influencer Marketing – Statistics and Trends
- How PURE Can Boost Your Website Conversion Rates To A Whole New Level
- How A Cognitive Walkthrough Can Improve Website Usability and Conversions
- Navigational Stress Tests: How to Increase Conversions With Three Simple Questions?
- Six Steps to Creating The Complete Customer Journey Maps
- Personas Strategy : What you Need to Know and How to Copy it