Better Cart Page Generates 12% More Conversions
Editor Note: We highly recommend that you implement the different ideas in this blog post through AB testing. Use the guide to conduct AB testing and figure out which of these ideas in the article works for your website visitors and which don’t. Download Invesp’s “The Essentials of Multivariate & AB Testing” now to start your testing program on the right foot.
Certain elements of the conversion framework tend to weigh more heavily on the different pages of your website. And within your site, as you near the checkout, the pages have more value, meaning the page ROI, when optimized correctly, will have a more direct impact on your bottom line.
The tendency maybe to optimize the cart and checkout process as a result, and I must be clear, we do not condone that. The cart and checkout are the final pages in the conversion process. A lot of persuasion must happen in advance in order to maximize the number of visitors that actually reach the cart and checkout pages. However, one you do get to optimizing cart and checkout, there are some important key considerations to lower cart abandonment rates and increase buyer momentum:
- Increase page scent through decluttering
- Increase trust, value, and urgency on the page through contributing elements and language
- Mitigate FUDs through a stepped process
In the above video, we discussed the research and findings behind the delicate balance between trust and urgency on the cart page and how following these steps, you can see uplifts of over 10% on your cart page.
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- How to Use the Power of Selective Attention Phenomenon for Higher Conversion Rates
- Usability 101: Designing for A Better User Experience
- How to Use the Fresh Start Effect for Better Conversion Marketing
- Does CRO negatively impact SEO: Rivalry or friendship?
- How Long Should You Run an A/B Test for?
- Why you should run A/A tests in your conversion optimization program
- Your conversion optimization plan for peak seasons (including the holidays)
- The death of the average CRO
- How Digital Influences In-store Shopping Behavior – Statistics and Trends
- Review of digital marketing & SEM conferences: reflecting on my experience