Better Cart Page Generates 12% More Conversions
Certain elements of the conversion framework tend to weigh more heavily on the different pages of your website. And within your site, as you near the checkout, the pages have more value, meaning the page ROI, when optimized correctly, will have a more direct impact on your bottom line.
The tendency maybe to optimize the cart and checkout process as a result, and I must be clear, we do not condone that. The cart and checkout are the final pages in the conversion process. A lot of persuasion must happen in advance in order to maximize the number of visitors that actually reach the cart and checkout pages. However, one you do get to optimizing cart and checkout, there are some important key considerations to lower cart abandonment rates and increase buyer momentum:
- Increase page scent through decluttering
- Increase trust, value, and urgency on the page through contributing elements and language
- Mitigate FUDs through a stepped process
In the above video, we discussed the research and findings behind the delicate balance between trust and urgency on the cart page and how following these steps, you can see uplifts of over 10% on your cart page.
My name is Ayat Shukairy, and I’m a co-founder and CCO at Invesp. Here’s a little more about me: At the very beginning of my career, I worked on countless high-profile e-commerce projects, helping diverse organizations optimize website copy. I realized, that although the copy was great and was generating more foot traffic, many of the sites performed poorly because of usability and design issues.View All Posts By Ayat Shukairy
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
Connect with us
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- 6 Top eCommerce KPIs You Should Monitor For Better Conversions.
- 6 Post-Purchase Strategies that Improve Customer Experience (with Examples)
- Revenue Marketing: Strategies you can use to close small and large deals
- Customer Retention: 5 Powerful Strategies That Guarantee Growth
- Abandoned Cart Emails: Using Psychological Principles To Influence Customers’ Decisions
- The Mighty Product Page: Rethinking Product Descriptions
- Designing A Content Engine: How To Create & Distribute To Drive Results
- 8 Ideas on How to Increase Conversions on 404 Error Pages
- Using JTBD Framework to Write Welcome Emails
- The Paradox of Human Behavior in Web Design: Novel vs. Routine Tasks