Better Cart Page Generates 12% More Conversions
Editor Note: We highly recommend that you implement the different ideas in this blog post through AB testing. Use the guide to conduct AB testing and figure out which of these ideas in the article works for your website visitors and which don’t. Download Invesp’s “The Essentials of Multivariate & AB Testing” now to start your testing program on the right foot.
Certain elements of the conversion framework tend to weigh more heavily on the different pages of your website. And within your site, as you near the checkout, the pages have more value, meaning the page ROI, when optimized correctly, will have a more direct impact on your bottom line.
The tendency maybe to optimize the cart and checkout process as a result, and I must be clear, we do not condone that. The cart and checkout are the final pages in the conversion process. A lot of persuasion must happen in advance in order to maximize the number of visitors that actually reach the cart and checkout pages. However, one you do get to optimizing cart and checkout, there are some important key considerations to lower cart abandonment rates and increase buyer momentum:
- Increase page scent through decluttering
- Increase trust, value, and urgency on the page through contributing elements and language
- Mitigate FUDs through a stepped process
In the above video, we discussed the research and findings behind the delicate balance between trust and urgency on the cart page and how following these steps, you can see uplifts of over 10% on your cart page.
My name is Ayat Shukairy, and I’m a co-founder and CCO at Invesp. Here’s a little more about me: At the very beginning of my career, I worked on countless high-profile e-commerce projects, helping diverse organizations optimize website copy. I realized, that although the copy was great and was generating more foot traffic, many of the sites performed poorly because of usability and design issues.View All Posts By Ayat Shukairy
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- Calculating Sample Size For An AB Test
- Speaker Diaries: Inbound 2018
- The State of Voice Shopping – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- Multiple Testing Problem: How Adding More Variations To Your AB Test Will Impact Your Results?
- AB vs. Usability Testing: Friends or Foes?
- The Impact of Seasonality: Conversion optimization During the Holidays
- 9 Components of A Successful CRO Project
- Creating A Growth Plan For Your Saas Startup
- One-tailed vs. Two-tailed A/B testing: Everything You Possibly Need to Know
- Hate them or Love them: Mobile App Push Notifications Impact – Statistics and Trends