Cross Border Shopping – Statistics and Trends
- Posted in Infographics
Cross-border shopping is growing and cross-border e-Commerce is estimated to reach $1 Trillion in 2020. Around 54% of US digital shoppers reported making online purchases from foreign site in the past. 67% of global consumers who shop abroad are buying because prices are lower outside of their own country. Check out our infographic on Cross Border shopping for latest statistics and trends.
Infographic by- Invesp Landing Page Optimization Company
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
Estimated Global cross-border B2C Market (in Billions)
Year Cross-Border B2C Market ( in USD Billion) Cross-Border Shoppers ( in Millions ) 2015 304 361 2016 400 451 2017 530 576 2018 676 715 2019 826 848 2020 994 943
54% of US digital shoppers reported making online purchases from foreign site in the past.
35% of consumers currently shop on sites based outside of their home country up from 26% in 2014
67% of global consumers who shop abroad are buying because prices are lower outside of their own country.
Top 3 reasons US consumers are buying abroad
Reason %age Cheaper prices 49% Ability to obtain brands that aren’t available in US 43% Unique or specialty products that aren’t found in US 35%
Approximately two-thirds of global online retail shoppers in major global markets contribute at least 10% of their monthly online spending towards cross-border commerce.
Consumers Considering the cross-border Purchases are primarily Concerned about the high shipping Costs (51%) and long delivery times (47%).
Top products purchased by US Shoppers from abroad
Product categories %age Clothing and Accessories 31% Books, Media and Video Games 22% Computer hardware or software 16% Toys 15% Beauty products 14%
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: “Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers.”
Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- The Rise of Marketing Automation – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- The Ultimate Guide to Understanding SaaS Metrics
- Creating A Conversion Roadmap: How to Prioritize Conversion Problems on Your Website
- Chatbots In Customer Service – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- 9 Tips to Conducting Accurate Qualitative Research
- Server-Side Vs. Client-Side A/B Testing
- The Ultimate Guide to Persuasive Online Copywriting
- E-commerce Product Videos – How Videos on Product pages Can Increase Conversion Rate of E-commerce Website
- E-commerce Abandonment Rates
- Bayesian vs Frequentist A/B Testing – What’s the Difference?