Cross Border Shopping – Statistics and Trends
- Posted in Infographics
Cross-border shopping is growing and cross-border e-Commerce is estimated to reach $1 Trillion in 2020. Around 54% of US digital shoppers reported making online purchases from foreign site in the past. 67% of global consumers who shop abroad are buying because prices are lower outside of their own country. Check out our infographic on Cross Border shopping for latest statistics and trends.
Infographic by- Invesp Landing Page Optimization Company
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
Estimated Global cross-border B2C Market (in Billions)
Year Cross-Border B2C Market ( in USD Billion) Cross-Border Shoppers ( in Millions ) 2015 304 361 2016 400 451 2017 530 576 2018 676 715 2019 826 848 2020 994 943
54% of US digital shoppers reported making online purchases from foreign site in the past.
35% of consumers currently shop on sites based outside of their home country up from 26% in 2014
67% of global consumers who shop abroad are buying because prices are lower outside of their own country.
Top 3 reasons US consumers are buying abroad
Reason %age Cheaper prices 49% Ability to obtain brands that aren’t available in US 43% Unique or specialty products that aren’t found in US 35%
Approximately two-thirds of global online retail shoppers in major global markets contribute at least 10% of their monthly online spending towards cross-border commerce.
Consumers Considering the cross-border Purchases are primarily Concerned about the high shipping Costs (51%) and long delivery times (47%).
Top products purchased by US Shoppers from abroad
Product categories %age Clothing and Accessories 31% Books, Media and Video Games 22% Computer hardware or software 16% Toys 15% Beauty products 14%
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: "Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers." Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.View All Posts By Khalid Saleh
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- How to Use the Power of Selective Attention Phenomenon for Higher Conversion Rates
- Usability 101: Designing for A Better User Experience
- How to Use the Fresh Start Effect for Better Conversion Marketing
- Does CRO negatively impact SEO: Rivalry or friendship?
- How Long Should You Run an A/B Test for?
- Why you should run A/A tests in your conversion optimization program
- Your conversion optimization plan for peak seasons (including the holidays)
- The death of the average CRO
- How Digital Influences In-store Shopping Behavior – Statistics and Trends
- Review of digital marketing & SEM conferences: reflecting on my experience