Cross Border Shopping – Statistics and Trends
- Posted in Infographics
Cross-border shopping is growing and cross-border e-Commerce is estimated to reach $1 Trillion in 2020. Around 54% of US digital shoppers reported making online purchases from foreign site in the past. 67% of global consumers who shop abroad are buying because prices are lower outside of their own country. Check out our infographic on Cross Border shopping for latest statistics and trends.
Infographic by- Invesp Landing Page Optimization Company
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
Estimated Global cross-border B2C Market (in Billions)
Year Cross-Border B2C Market ( in USD Billion) Cross-Border Shoppers ( in Millions ) 2015 304 361 2016 400 451 2017 530 576 2018 676 715 2019 826 848 2020 994 943
54% of US digital shoppers reported making online purchases from foreign site in the past.
35% of consumers currently shop on sites based outside of their home country up from 26% in 2014
67% of global consumers who shop abroad are buying because prices are lower outside of their own country.
Top 3 reasons US consumers are buying abroad
Reason %age Cheaper prices 49% Ability to obtain brands that aren’t available in US 43% Unique or specialty products that aren’t found in US 35%
Approximately two-thirds of global online retail shoppers in major global markets contribute at least 10% of their monthly online spending towards cross-border commerce.
Consumers Considering the cross-border Purchases are primarily Concerned about the high shipping Costs (51%) and long delivery times (47%).
Top products purchased by US Shoppers from abroad
Product categories %age Clothing and Accessories 31% Books, Media and Video Games 22% Computer hardware or software 16% Toys 15% Beauty products 14%
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: “Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers.”
Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- Buy Online Pick Up In Store – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- The Importance of Cross Selling and E-commerce Product Recommendations – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- Millennial Online Shopping Habits – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- The State of Local Digital Ad Spending – Statistics and Trends
- Understand The Magic of ‘Habit’
- Why Welcome Emails Are Important – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- The Reason CRO is FLAWed
- No Low Hanging Fruits Here: Reflections on Running Conversion Projects
- Using Persuasive Web Design to Increase Conversion Rates
- Websites X-Rayed Series: A Deep Dive Evaluation of 200 Top E-commerce Cart Pages