How Discounts Affect Online Consumer Buying Behavior [Infographic]
- Posted in Infographics
Did you know more than 64% of online consumers wait to buy things until they go for sale, whereas more than 59% search for promo codes before buying anything online. Around 30% of online consumers sign up for price tracking service to get an email when price drops for the item they want to buy whereas 22% of consumers purchase products from their preferred brands only when on sale or with coupon. Check out our infographic “How Discounts Affect Online Consumer Buying Behavior” for latest statistics and trends.
Infographic by- Invesp Landing Page Optimization Company
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
Around 62% of online women shoppers pay attention to discounts and promotions as compared to 57% of online men shoppers.
54% of shoppers will purchase products left in shopping carts, if those products are offered at a price lower than its original.
Nearly two-thirds of consumers surveyed admitted that a promotion or a coupon often closes the deal, if they are wavering or are undecided on making a purchase.
30.6% of female internet users often use discounts and coupons for day-to-day shopping, including digital shopping and dining at restaurants, compared to 16.8% of males.
More than 70% of US internet users claim discounts have the biggest effect on purchase decisions during the holidays.
83% of respondents said they were “somewhat likely” or “very likely” to click an ad offering a discount or promotion.
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: "Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers." Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.View All Posts By Khalid Saleh
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
Connect with us
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- Top Strategies To Increase Your Ecommerce Conversion Rate
- Why CRO Should Be A Priority For Omnichannel Retailers
- Overcoming Conversion Optimization Challenges in e-Commerce: Your Go-to Guide
- Ecommerce CRO Strategies for the Bottom of the Funnel
- eCommerce CRO Strategies For The Top Of The Funnel
- The 11 Best Shopify Apps You Should Use in 2023
- Google Optimize vs. Optimizely
- Increasing Customer Retention: How CRO Helps
- Bringing Down Customer Acquisition Cost: How CRO Helps
- Post-purchase CRO: How to re-engage customers after they have purchased