Global In-app Purchase Revenue Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- Posted in Infographics
Did you know that In-app purchases now account for 48.2% of mobile app earnings and global sales from in-app purchases is estimated to be $37 Billion by 2017. Check out our infographic on Global In-App purchases for latest statistics and trends.
Infographic by- Invesp CRO
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
Estimated Global In-App Purchase Revenue Stats (in Millions USD)
Year Amount (in Million USD) 2013 4,591 2014 7,856 2015 14,001 2016 23,771 2017 36,887
Just over 5% of app users currently spend money on in-app purchases.
Percentage Share of Paying Users by Region
Region Paying Users Penetration (%age of total App Users) Asia 5.9% North America 5.8% Europe 5.0% Latin America 2.4%
In-app purchases account for 48.2% of mobile app earnings as compared to 14% from ads-based revenue and 37.8% from paid app downloads.
Estimated average In-App Purchase per User
User Average In-App Purchase Per User Per App iPhone $1.08 Android $0.43
Monthly In-App Spend per user, per app
Region In- App Spend per user Global $0.50 Asia $0.70 North America $0.61 Europe $0.26 Latin America $0.16
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: "Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers." Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.View All Posts By Khalid Saleh
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
Connect with us
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- Optimizing Conversion Funnels: Where Should You Start First?
- How to Build a Brand Community from Scratch
- Should you hire a CRO Agency, Or should you use CRO Tools?
- How Good is your UX? Here’s How You can Measure it
- CRO Low-Hanging Fruits That Will Give You An Immediate Win
- How To Write Landing Pages That Convert Cold Traffic
- What does it take to successfully execute a CRO Program?
- Expert Advice on Developing a Hypothesis for Marketing Experimentation
- The Secret Sauce: 6 Traits Of A Great CRO Agency
- How To Align Your Business Goals With Your Conversion Goals