Mobile Search Engine Advertising – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- Posted in Infographics
Did you know mobile devices now account for 53% of paid-search clicks and estimated US mobile search ad spending and is estimated to reach $28.25 Billion by 2019. 88% of clicks on mobile search ads are incremental to organic clicks. Google drove 95% of all US paid search ad clicks on mobile followed by Bing (3%) and Yahoo (1%). Check out our infographic on “Mobile Search Engine Advertising” for latest statistics and trends.
Infographic by- Invesp Conversion and Landing Page Optimization Company
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
Estimated US Mobile Search Ad Spending
Year Mobile search ad spending (in Billions) 2014 $8.72 2015 $13.62 2016 $18.54 2017 $22.18 2018 $25.11 2019 $28.25
Estimated Mobile Search Spend Share by Device
Device %age Smartphones 64% Tablets 36%
Google drove 95% of all US paid search ad clicks on mobile.
Estimated Share of Mobile Paid Clicks by Device
Search Engine Smartphone Tablet 95% 84% Bing 3% 13% Yahoo 1% 3%
Estimated Google Mobile Search Ad Revenue
Year Amount in Billions %age of total ad revenue 2014 $5.93 28.7% 2015 $8.54 36.6% 2016 $11.45 45.7% 2017 $13.74 51.5%
75% of Google Mobile Search ad revenue came from Apple devices
Phone based CPCs cost 24% less than desktop and have a 40% higher CTR
88% of clicks on mobile search ads are incremental to organic clicks (Note – “Incremental Clicks” mean Mobile Organic Clicks driven by Mobile Search Ads)
Incremental Mobile Clicks By Industry
Industry %age Automotive 86% Business & Industrial 94% Classified & Local 97% Consumer Packaged Goods 86% Education & Government 94% Finance 87% Healthcare 83% Media & Entertainment 86% Retail 86% Service (all verticals) 82% Travel 85% Technology 90%
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: “Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers.”
Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- Value Proposition:What is It, How It Works, And Why You Should Pay Attention to It
- Are Customer Journey Maps More Than A Pretty Diagram? Are They Worth The Investment?
- The Importance of Same Day Delivery – Statistics and Trends
- A Case Against Personas
- The Importance of Influencer Marketing – Statistics and Trends
- How PURE Can Boost Your Website Conversion Rates To A Whole New Level
- How A Cognitive Walkthrough Can Improve Website Usability and Conversions
- Navigational Stress Tests: How to Increase Conversions With Three Simple Questions?
- Six Steps to Creating The Complete Customer Journey Maps
- Personas Strategy : What you Need to Know and How to Copy it