The State Of Online Video Advertising – Statistics And Trends
Video-based content is easier to grasp, and provides entertainment apart from product education. No wonder more and more businesses are leveraging video-based advertisements on channels such as YouTube. 74% of all internet traffic in 2017 will be video-based? 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
Check out our infographic, ‘The State Of Online Video Advertising – Statistics And Trends’ for an in-depth look at digital ad spends, digital ad channels and their popularity and several other relevant facts.
Infographic by- Invesp conversion optimization
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
74% of all internet traffic in 2017 will be video whereas 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI
Estimated US Digital Video Ad Spending In 2014-2018 (in Billions)
Year Estimated Ad Spending 2014 $5.96 2015 $7.77 2016 $9.59 2017 $11.25 2018 $12.82
YouTube Owns Nearly 20% Share of US Digital Video Ads.
US programmatic video ads will grab 40.0% of digital video ad spending in 2016.
Estimated US Programmatic Digital Video Ad Spending (2014-2016)
Year USD (in Billions) 2014 $0.71 2015 $2.18 2016 $3.84
Video ads have an average click-through rate (CTR) of 1.84%, the highest click-through rate of all digital ad formats.
Completion Rate Of Non Skip-able Vs. Skip-able Video Ad
Video ad Non Skip-able Skip-able Less than 15 seconds 92% 9% 16-30 seconds 94% 12% More than 30 seconds 96% 14%
Click Through Rate Of Non Skip-ableVs. Skip-able Video Ad
Video Ad Non Skip-able Skip-able Less than 15 seconds 2.2% 1.4% 16-30 seconds 2.5% 1.8% More than 30 seconds 1.3% 0.8%
75% of advertisers stated that online video ads were equally or more effective than traditional television ads.
Online video ads have a higher impact in Key Measurement Categories:
- Message recall (40% online vs. 20% TV)
- brand recall (50% online vs. 27% TV)
- ad likeability (28% online vs. 17% TV)
56% of survey participants are likely to skip online video ads, while 46% said a video ad should be no more than 15 seconds in length
Optimal Length Of Video Ad
Length %age 1-15 seconds 46% 16-30 seconds 35% 31 seconds to 1 minute 13% More than 1 minute 6%
Top U.S. Online Video Ad Properties Ranked by Percent Reach of U.S. Population (November 2014)
Video Property % Reach Total Us Population AOL Inc 54.7% Brightroll Platform 54.5% Liverail 54.2% SpotXchange 53.8% Specific Media 51.4% Q1 Media 47.6% TubeMogul 46.1% Tremor Video 40.5% YuMe 37.2% Google Sites 33.6%
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- Value Proposition:What is It, How It Works, And Why You Should Pay Attention to It
- Are Customer Journey Maps More Than A Pretty Diagram? Are They Worth The Investment?
- The Importance of Same Day Delivery – Statistics and Trends
- A Case Against Personas
- The Importance of Influencer Marketing – Statistics and Trends
- How PURE Can Boost Your Website Conversion Rates To A Whole New Level
- How A Cognitive Walkthrough Can Improve Website Usability and Conversions
- Navigational Stress Tests: How to Increase Conversions With Three Simple Questions?
- Six Steps to Creating The Complete Customer Journey Maps
- Personas Strategy : What you Need to Know and How to Copy it