How Social Media Influencers Impact Online Buying Decisions- Statistics and Trends
Did you know that 40% of people say they have purchased a product online as a result of seeing it being used by an influencer on social media? 72% of customers trust a business more after it is recommended by an influencer whereas 49% of consumers rely on product recommendations shared by influencers for their purchases.
Check out our infographic to know about the growing importance of social media influencers and how social media influencers impact online buying decisions.
Infographic by- Invesp Conversion Rate Optimization Company
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website. Copy this code
70% of teenagers say they trust influencers more than traditional celebrities.
40% of people say they have purchased a product online as a result of seeing it being used by an influencer on social media.
49% of consumers rely on product recommendations shared by influencers for their purchases
72% of customers trust a business more after it is recommended by an influencer
Consumers Trust Influencers 94% More than Friends or Family When Making Shopping Decisions
92% of shoppers trust influencer reviews over classic ads and celebrity endorsements
33% of those participating in the survey admitted that social media influencers are their most trusted sources for shopping
43% of respondents said authenticity was the top reason to “trust” an influencer; 39% said the expertise of the influencer would make them trust the endorsement.
44% of all respondents said they have considered purchasing a product or service based on a social influencer post
24% said they have recommended a product or service based on an influencer post.
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: "Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers." Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.View All Posts By Khalid Saleh
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
Connect with us
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- 10 Marketing Podcast Episodes You Should Listen to
- Post COVID-19 era: What Growth Teams need to look at in the next 3 months
- Do loyalty programs work? What’s their Impact on Customer Retention?
- Google Analytics: Recency and Frequency and MCF Reports
- Omnichannel Customer Service In E-Commerce
- Stop Listening To The Customer
- How we tripled user activation rate on FigPii
- The State of Fake Reviews – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- 11 Customer Service Psychology Secrets that go Down the Funnel, Not Down the Drain
- The State Of Supply Chain Management – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]