How Social Media Influences Purchase Decisions – Statistics And Trends [Infographic]
4 in 10 Social Media users have purchased an item online or in-store after sharing it or marking it as a Favorite on Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest. 71% of consumers are more likely to make a purchase based on social media referrals. Check out our new infographic titled, “How Social Media Influences Purchase Decisions – Statistics And Trends” to know more about this topic.
Infographic by- Invesp
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
Social Media Sites Most Likely To Influence Purchases
Social Media Site %age 30.8% YouTube 27% 27% Google+ 20% 12% 8%
78% of respondents said that corporate social media posts impact their purchases
Why Consumers Follow Brands On Social Media
Reasons YouTube To keep up with activities 52% 57% 35% 41% To learn about products and services 56% 47% 56% 61% To leverage sweepstakes and promotions 48% 36% 28% 20% To provide helpful feedback 32% 27% 22% 23% To join brand fan communities 27% 26% 25% 19% To make purchases 21% 15% 25% 21% To complain about products and services 18% 19% 12% 9%
Social Media-Related Shopping Stats
After marking an item as Favorite:
- 50% of the shopping within a week
- 80% of the shopping within 3 weeks
Social Media Site %age 38% 29% 22%
How Social Media Influences Purchase Decisions
Reasons Additional product information 43% 25% 26% Product discovery 35% 31% 35% Purchase location identification 28% 15% 38% Purchase reminder 26% 23% 32% Product recommendation 26% 19% 32% Product sale or purchase alert 19% 37% 32%
41% of shoppers shop impulsively for an item after seeing it on social media.
88% of people deliberately searched for the item they purchased or marked it as Favorite
50% of Pinterest purchasers created a pinboard specifically for a purchase decision
Major Product Categories For Social-To-Sale Purchases
Product Category Food & Drink 24% 14% 13% Art & Design 21% 5% 9% Gardening & Décor 18% 8% 8% Fashion & Beauty 17% 22% 18% Tech & Electronics 6% 25% 34% Other 14% 26% 18%
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: “Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers.”
Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- Value Proposition:What is It, How It Works, And Why You Should Pay Attention to It
- Are Customer Journey Maps More Than A Pretty Diagram? Are They Worth The Investment?
- The Importance of Same Day Delivery – Statistics and Trends
- A Case Against Personas
- The Importance of Influencer Marketing – Statistics and Trends
- How PURE Can Boost Your Website Conversion Rates To A Whole New Level
- How A Cognitive Walkthrough Can Improve Website Usability and Conversions
- Navigational Stress Tests: How to Increase Conversions With Three Simple Questions?
- Six Steps to Creating The Complete Customer Journey Maps
- Personas Strategy : What you Need to Know and How to Copy it