The Mighty Product Page: Rethinking Product DescriptionsBy Khalid Saleh+
- Posted in Copy Writing, Webinars
When was the last time you fundamentally worked on the copy of your best selling product page?
For an eCommerce site, the product page is the most important page, and the product description is the most important element within it.
This is where we convince and convert a new buyer.
For as long as I’ve been in the marketing trenches I’ve NEVER thought about testing a product page copy.
Well, you know– there are too many product pages. It’s overwhelming.
But… a few weeks ago, I changed my mind.
A friend – Rishi Rawat from Frictionless Commerce – who specializes in fixing product pages for eCommerce sites convinced me into doing this.
So, we thought of doing a webinar.
But I brushed off the idea because I think most webinars are boring.
So, Rishi, myself, and a whole bunch of people met to answer a few questions:
“If we do this, how do we ensure attendees walk away with incredible insights? Are we being too ambitious?”
50-minute knowledge bomb session– no filler, no fluff.
After 2 hours of back and forth we had a consensus:
Full disclosure: the beloved product page format has been around 18+ years. Expect some hole poking. Expect some controversy. Expect to have your brain blown.
“Khalid, if the value is so high why a free webinar?”
Because we can. At Invesp sharing is a core value.
In this webinar, we share a radical product page idea. It’ll make you uncomfortable but also more money. None of your competitors are doing it.
If you’re looking for a competitive edge, this is a session to watch:
You might need to bring your notepad and take note of:
- A radical product page idea, that will make you uncomfortable but also more money.
- How to convince a new buyer using the power of words.
- How to be concise, credible, and engaging in your product descriptions.
Make sure you run a test on every change you make to see just how much your performance is improving. Got any questions about the idea we’ve given here? Let me know in the comments section.
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: "Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers." Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.View All Posts By Khalid Saleh
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
Connect with us
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- How to Optimize Product Pages on a Shopify Website
- The Role of User Research in E-Commerce Experimentation
- The Role of Usability in eCommerce Experimentation
- Invesp and e-CENS Form a Strategic Partnership
- The Role of Branding in E-Commerce Experimentation
- Shopify Mobile Optimization: Tips and Techniques for Improving Mobile CRO
- The Role of Data Analysis in E-Commerce Experimentation
- How to measure the revenue impact of experimentation
- Top 9 SaaS value proposition examples to learn from in 2023
- How to do Quality Assurance (QA) in a high-velocity testing program