US Mobile Commerce Sales – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
The US mobile commerce industry is growing. Check out this infographic to know the latest US M-commerce retail sales statistics, along with why consumers prefer mobile shopping, and how much time consumers spend on mobile shopping and much more.
Infographic by- Invesp
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
By 2015, US Mobile commerce retail sales are expected to account for 24% of the total e-commerce sales.
US M-commerce Retail Sales Statistics(In Billions)
Year M-commerce Retail Sales US E-commerce Retail Sales %Age Of Retail E-commerce Sales 2012 $24.66 $224.18 11.0% 2013 $38.40 $256.00 15.0% 2014 $52.17 $289.83 18.0% 2015 $68.29 $325.19 21.0% 2016 $86.86 $361.91 24.0%
US M-commerce Retail Sales by Device (In Billions)
Devices 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 Tablets $13.86 $24.00 $34.33 $46.44 $61.06 Smart phones $9.86 $13.44 $16.69 $20.49 $24.32 Other Mobile Devices $0.94 $0.96 $1.15 $1.37 $1.48
Reasons For Consumer Preference Of Mobile Shopping
Reason %age Timesaving 73% Easy to locate good deals 69% Can do it on-the-go 69% Can do while multitasking 63% Don’t have to wait in line 55%
Consumer Time Spent On Shopping Sub-categories
Shopping Apps sub-category %age of time spent Retailer Apps 27% Online Marketplace 20% Purchase Assistant 17% Price Comparison 14% Daily Deals 13% Other 9%
Growth In Consumer Time Spend Across The Top 5 Shopping Sub-Categories In 2012
Shopping Apps Sub-category Growth In Time Spent Retailer Apps 525% Price Comparison 247% Purchase Assistant 228% Online Marketplace 178% Daily Deals 126%
By 2015, 81% of all U.S. cell phone users will have smartphones.
62% of smartphone users said they’ve bought physical goods through their mobile devices in the last six months.
74% of online retailers have already developed, or are currently developing a mobile strategy.
48% of US retailers have a mobile-optimized website. Out of which, 35% have deployed an iPhone app, while 15% deployed an Android app and 15% deployed an iPad app.
More from my site
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: "Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers." Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.View All Posts By Khalid Saleh
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to CustomersBy Khalid Saleh and Ayat ShukairyGet a Copy
- Engaging Your Visitors: 14 Proven Ways to Increase the Conversion Rate of Your Website
- Guide to Conducting Qualitative Usability Studies
- The State of Impulse Buying Persona – Statistics and Trends
- Fears, Uncertainties and Doubts: Reducing Visitor Anxieties to Increase Conversions
- Optimizing for Trust: How to Create a High-Converting Website
- Polls 101: A Kickstart Guide to Knowing Your Customers and Increasing Conversions on Your Website
- 12 Lessons from Running 512 A/B Tests in One Year
- Conversion Optimization System: 12-Steps for Consistent Increases in Conversion Rates
- The Conversion Framework: 7 Principles to Increase Conversion Rates
- An Expert Guide To Optimize Your SaaS Pricing Strategy