US Programmatic Ad Spending – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- Posted in Infographics
Did you know more than two-thirds of US digital display ad spending is programmatic and mobile programmatic ad revenues account for 43% of US mobile display-related ad revenue in 2018, up from only a 6% share in 2013. Nearly two-thirds (65%) of marketers surveyed are set to spend more money on programmatic advertising in 2016. Check out our infographic on “US Programmatic Ad Spending” for latest statistics and trends.
Infographic by- Invesp Conversion Optimization
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
62 percent of marketers use programmatic advertising to achieve brand objectives.
Estimated US Programmatic Digital Display Ad Spending
Year Amount ( in Billions) %age of total digital display ad spending 2014 $11.59 55.0% 2015 $17.50 65.0% 2016 $25.23 73.0% 2017 $31.87 78.0% 2018 $37.88 82.0%
Mobile programmatic ad revenues will account for 43% of US mobile display-related ad revenue in 2018, up from only a 6% share in 2013.
Estimated US Mobile Programmatic Display Ad Spending
Year Amount ( in Billions) %age of total Mobile display ad spending 2015 $9.68 60.0% 2016 $15.45 69.0% 2017 $21.22 78.0%
Nearly 75 percent of senior marketers are allocating a portion of video spend to programmatic buying.
Estimated US Programmatic Video Ad Spending
Year Amount ( in Billions) %age of total digital Video ad spending 2015 $3.00 39.0% 2016 $6.18 60.0% 2017 $8.66 69.0% 2018 $10.65 74.0%
Nearly two-thirds (65%) of marketers are set to spend more money on programmatic advertising in 2016.
32% of marketers surveyed spend over 50% of online advertising budgets on programmatic and 98% of marketers surveyed plan for programming ad budget to increase or stay same in coming year
Major problems Marketers face with Programmatic advertising
Problem %age Multi-device Measurement 57% Fraud 47% Ad blocking generally 47% Ad blocking on smartphone 35% Privacy issues 18% Others 16%
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: "Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers." Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.View All Posts By Khalid Saleh
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
Connect with us
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- 6 Top eCommerce KPIs You Should Monitor For Better Conversions.
- 6 Post-Purchase Strategies that Improve Customer Experience (with Examples)
- Revenue Marketing: Strategies you can use to close small and large deals
- Customer Retention: 5 Powerful Strategies That Guarantee Growth
- Abandoned Cart Emails: Using Psychological Principles To Influence Customers’ Decisions
- The Mighty Product Page: Rethinking Product Descriptions
- Designing A Content Engine: How To Create & Distribute To Drive Results
- 8 Ideas on How to Increase Conversions on 404 Error Pages
- Using JTBD Framework to Write Welcome Emails
- The Paradox of Human Behavior in Web Design: Novel vs. Routine Tasks