Digital Ad Spending – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
Digital Ad spending is growing, and online advertising campaign budgets are increasing, even as marketers understand the importance of Digital Marketing. Check out the “Digital Ad Spending” infographic to know the digital marketing spending statistics and trends.
Infographic by- Invesp
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
Digital marketing spending averages 2.5% of company revenue.
Digital marketing budgets are estimate to increase by 9% in 2013.
Digital advertising accounts for 12.5% of digital marketing budgets.
71% of businesses are planning to increase their digital marketing budget in 2013
Digital Ad Spending in the US and Worldwide from 2013-2016 (In Billions)
Years US Worldwide 2013 $42.50 $118.40 2014 $47.77 $134.65 2015 $51.95 $149.18 2016 $55.25 $163.04
Digital Ads account for one in every five Ad dollars spent; this spend is estimated to grow to one in every four Ad dollars by 2016.
US local digital advertising will take up 25% of total local Ad budgets, reaching $24.5 billion in 2013
Digital Ad Spending Share by Ad Format
Format %age Search 46.5% Banner Ads 22.6% Video 9.7% Rich Media 4.8% Sponsorships 4.5% Classifieds & Directories 6.4% Lead Generation 4.5% Mobile Messaging 0.5% Emails 0.5%
64% of US advertisers plan to increase their paid social media Ad budgets this year
Seven in 10 respondents said they would spend between 1% and 10% of their online budget on social Ads.
53% of companies spend less than 5% of marketing budgets on conversion optimization, followed by 22% spending 6-10%.
Digital Ad Revenue Share by Companies
Company %age 42.6% Yahoo 7.5% Microsoft 6.6% 6.3% AOL 2.3% Others 34.7%
Online Ad Spending by Industry
Industry %age Retail 20.5% Telecom 13.4% Financial Services 10.9% Automotive 12.2% Computers/Gadgets 9.7% Travel 5.9% Healthcare 4.2% Entertainment 4.0% Others 19.2%
Top 10 Countries With The Highest Digital Ad Spend Per Internet User
Countries Ad Spend Per Internet User (In USD) Australia $219 UK $198 US $172 Canada $139 Germany $130 Japan $108 France $83 South Korea $71 Italy $66 Spain $53
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: "Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers." Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.View All Posts By Khalid Saleh
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to CustomersBy Khalid Saleh and Ayat ShukairyGet a Copy
- How Decluttering and Highlighting Incentives Increased Conversions by 13.98% on Product Pages and 17.75% on Cart Page [Case Study]
- 30 A/B Tests to Boost Your SaaS Conversion Rates
- 9 Best Practices For Conversion Rate Optimization
- A/B Testing and Multivariate Testing: An Introduction to Testing for Conversion Rate Optimization
- Sale Complexity: How It Impacts Online Conversion Rates and How to Design for It
- Buyer’s Journey Stages: Optimizing Your Website for Every Stage of the Online Buying Cycle
- Using Buyer Personas: The Cornerstone Ingredient for Better Conversions
- Price, Scarcity, and Urgency: Use Incentives to Increase Conversion Rates on Your Website
- How to Use Google Analytics to Increase Conversions
- The Importance of Optimizing Your Email for Mobile Devices