The State of Fake Reviews – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- Posted in Infographics
Did you know that 54% of consumers would not buy a product if they suspected it to have fake reviews whereas 95% of consumers suspect censorship or faked reviews when they don’t see bad scores. The number of fake reviews are growing with more and more businesses using fake reviews to promote their products or services or to negatively impact the rating of products and services of competitors. Check out our infographic “The State of Fake Reviews” for latest fake reviews statistics and trends.
Infographic by- Invesp Conversion Rate Optimization Company
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
Infographic by- Invesp Conversion Rate Optimization
93% of consumers say online reviews impact their purchasing decisions
82% of consumers have read a fake review in the last year . Among 18-34-year-old consumers, the proportion is even higher, with 92% saying they’ve seen fake review, only 74% of 35-54-year-olds and 59% over age of 54 have seen a fake review in the last year
54% of consumers would not buy a product if they suspected it to have fake reviews
95% of consumers suspect censorship or faked reviews when they don’t see bad scores
30% of consumers assume online reviews are fake if there are no negative reviews
62% of consumers have experienced significant variations between online reviews and actual product received whereas 65% say they don’t trust ratings on eCommerce sites
34% consumers say their low product ratings have not been published by eCommerce sites
72% of consumers believe fake products reviews have become a norm of the industry
43% of retailers feel that only customers who have made verified purchases should be able to post reviews
Amazon product categories with the largest share of fake product reviews
Product Categories Fake Reviews %age Supplements 64% Beauty 63% Electronics 61% Sneakers 59%
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
Connect with us
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- Optimizing Conversion Funnels: Where Should You Start First?
- How to Build a Brand Community from Scratch
- Should you hire a CRO Agency, Or should you use CRO Tools?
- How Good is your UX? Here’s How You can Measure it
- CRO Low-Hanging Fruits That Will Give You An Immediate Win
- How To Write Landing Pages That Convert Cold Traffic
- What does it take to successfully execute a CRO Program?
- Expert Advice on Developing a Hypothesis for Marketing Experimentation
- The Secret Sauce: 6 Traits Of A Great CRO Agency
- How To Align Your Business Goals With Your Conversion Goals