How Free Shipping Influence Online Buying Decisions
Did you know that 9 out of 10 consumers say free shipping is the top most incentive to shop online more and orders with free shipping average around 30% higher in value. 93% of online buyers are encouraged to buy more products if free shipping options are available whereas 58% of consumers add more items to cart to qualify for free shipping. Check out our infographic to know the importance of free shipping and how free shipping influence online buying decisions.
Infographic by- Invesp Conversion Rate Optimization Company
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
61% of consumers are at “somewhat likely” to cancel their purchase if free shipping is not offered
93% of online buyers are encouraged to buy more products if free shipping options are available
Actions taken by Consumers to qualify for free shipping
Actions %age Add items to cart to qualify for free shipping 58% Choose the slowest shipping option because it is Free 50% Search online for promo code for free shipping 47% Choose Ship-to-store 35% Join a loyalty program to qualify for free shipping 31% Delay making a purchase to wait for Free Shipping 30% Choose to shop at physical store instead of online 28% Purchase an alternative product that was above free shipping threshold 16%
More than 78% of US Amazon Prime Customers signed up for Amazon Prime Loyalty Program because of Free Shipping
More than 50% orders from 30 of the biggest e-commerce merchants were shipped free of charge .
Online customers find free shipping twice as compelling as “percent off” the offers
57% of of shoppers that are not ready to purchase at checkout are at this stage to only estimate shipping costs.
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: "Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers." Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.View All Posts By Khalid Saleh
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
Connect with us
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- 6 Top eCommerce KPIs You Should Monitor For Better Conversions.
- 6 Post-Purchase Strategies that Improve Customer Experience (with Examples)
- Revenue Marketing: Strategies you can use to close small and large deals
- Customer Retention: 5 Powerful Strategies That Guarantee Growth
- Abandoned Cart Emails: Using Psychological Principles To Influence Customers’ Decisions
- The Mighty Product Page: Rethinking Product Descriptions
- Designing A Content Engine: How To Create & Distribute To Drive Results
- 8 Ideas on How to Increase Conversions on 404 Error Pages
- Using JTBD Framework to Write Welcome Emails
- The Paradox of Human Behavior in Web Design: Novel vs. Routine Tasks