How Digital Influences In-store Shopping Behavior – Statistics and Trends
Did you know that 87% of in-store shoppers look for information online before shopping, 79% while visiting store and 35% after visiting a store. Check out our infographic “How Digital Influences In-store Shopping Behavior” to know how digital is influencing in-store shopping behavior and latest statistics and trends.
Infographic by- Invespcro.com
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
87% of in-store shoppers look for information online before shopping, 79% while visiting store and 35% after visiting a store.
2 in 3 shoppers who tried to find information within a store didn’t find all the info they need.
71% of in-store shoppers use smartphones for online research say their device has become more important to their in-store experience.
3 in 4 in-store shoppers who find local information in search results are more likely to visit stores.
Estimated 56% in-store sales are influenced by a digital interaction.
Estimated Digital Influence on In-store Shopping by Category
Category %age Automotive 59% Beauty 51% Electronics 69% Grocery 46% Health 52% Home Improvement 58% Men’s 54% Women’s 56%
How often consumers research product prior to shopping in brick and mortar store ( By age)
Age Always Frequently Occasionally Never 18-24 16% 20% 18% 46% 25-34 25% 32% 16% 27% 35-44 21% 27% 20% 32% 45-54 17% 30% 21% 33% 55-64 20% 23% 23% 34% 65+ 14% 24% 31% 31%
How often consumers research product prior to shopping in brick and mortar store ( By gender)
Gender Always Frequently Occasionally Never Male 21% 28% 20% 31% Female 18% 25% 22% 35%
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: “Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers.”
Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- Value Proposition:What is It, How It Works, And Why You Should Pay Attention to It
- Are Customer Journey Maps More Than A Pretty Diagram? Are They Worth The Investment?
- The Importance of Same Day Delivery – Statistics and Trends
- A Case Against Personas
- The Importance of Influencer Marketing – Statistics and Trends
- How PURE Can Boost Your Website Conversion Rates To A Whole New Level
- How A Cognitive Walkthrough Can Improve Website Usability and Conversions
- Navigational Stress Tests: How to Increase Conversions With Three Simple Questions?
- Six Steps to Creating The Complete Customer Journey Maps
- Personas Strategy : What you Need to Know and How to Copy it