How Digital Influences In-store Shopping Behavior – Statistics and Trends
Did you know that 87% of in-store shoppers look for information online before shopping, 79% while visiting store and 35% after visiting a store. Check out our infographic “How Digital Influences In-store Shopping Behavior” to know how digital is influencing in-store shopping behavior and latest statistics and trends.
Infographic by- Invespcro.com
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
87% of in-store shoppers look for information online before shopping, 79% while visiting store and 35% after visiting a store.
2 in 3 shoppers who tried to find information within a store didn’t find all the info they need.
71% of in-store shoppers use smartphones for online research say their device has become more important to their in-store experience.
3 in 4 in-store shoppers who find local information in search results are more likely to visit stores.
Estimated 56% in-store sales are influenced by a digital interaction.
Estimated Digital Influence on In-store Shopping by Category
Category %age Automotive 59% Beauty 51% Electronics 69% Grocery 46% Health 52% Home Improvement 58% Men’s 54% Women’s 56%
How often consumers research product prior to shopping in brick and mortar store ( By age)
Age Always Frequently Occasionally Never 18-24 16% 20% 18% 46% 25-34 25% 32% 16% 27% 35-44 21% 27% 20% 32% 45-54 17% 30% 21% 33% 55-64 20% 23% 23% 34% 65+ 14% 24% 31% 31%
How often consumers research product prior to shopping in brick and mortar store ( By gender)
Gender Always Frequently Occasionally Never Male 21% 28% 20% 31% Female 18% 25% 22% 35%
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: “Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers.”
Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- Why Welcome Emails Are Important – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- The Reason CRO is FLAWed
- No Low Hanging Fruits Here: Reflections on Running Conversion Projects
- Using Persuasive Web Design to Increase Conversion Rates
- Websites X-Rayed Series: A Deep Dive Evaluation of 200 Top E-commerce Cart Pages
- The Importance of Referral Marketing – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- Calculating Sample Size For An AB Test
- Speaker Diaries: Inbound 2018
- The State of Voice Shopping – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- Multiple Testing Problem: How Adding More Variations To Your AB Test Will Impact Your Results?