The Importance of Live Chat Customer Support – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- Posted in Infographics
Did you know that 73% of customers find live chat to be the most satisfying way of communicating with a business whereas 63% of consumers are more likely to return to a website that offers live chat. Check out our infographic on “Live Chat Customer Support” for latest statistics and trends.
Infographic by- Invespcro.com
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
73% of customers find live chat to be the most satisfying way of communicating with a business
42% of customers selected live chat as their preferred method of giving contact information, higher than any other lead generating method
With customer satisfaction rate of 92%, live chat generates more leads than phone, email or social media support
44% of online consumers say that having questions answered by a live person while in the middle of an online purchase is one of the most important features a Web site can offer.
63% of consumers are more likely to return to a website that offers live chat
73% of customers were satisfied with their live chat experience compared to email (51%) and phone (44%)
77% of customers won’t make a purchase if there’s no live chat support
Chatters spend 60% more per purchase than non-chatters.
38% of customers have said that they have made a purchase due to a good live chat session itself
Addition of live chat software to a website typically causes a 20% increase in conversion. Chatters are 2.8x more likely to convert than visitors who don’t chat
Top Reasons why Live Chat is Preferred
Reasons %age Get my questions answered immediately 79% Because I can multi-task 51% Most efficient communication method 46% Better information than if I emailed 29% Don’t like talking on phone 22% Can chat while I’m at work 21% Better information than if I called 15%
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: “Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers.”
Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- Value Proposition:What is It, How It Works, And Why You Should Pay Attention to It
- Are Customer Journey Maps More Than A Pretty Diagram? Are They Worth The Investment?
- The Importance of Same Day Delivery – Statistics and Trends
- A Case Against Personas
- The Importance of Influencer Marketing – Statistics and Trends
- How PURE Can Boost Your Website Conversion Rates To A Whole New Level
- How A Cognitive Walkthrough Can Improve Website Usability and Conversions
- Navigational Stress Tests: How to Increase Conversions With Three Simple Questions?
- Six Steps to Creating The Complete Customer Journey Maps
- Personas Strategy : What you Need to Know and How to Copy it