The Importance of Live Chat Customer Support – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- Posted in Infographics
Did you know that 73% of customers find live chat to be the most satisfying way of communicating with a business whereas 63% of consumers are more likely to return to a website that offers live chat. Check out our infographic on “Live Chat Customer Support” for latest statistics and trends.
Infographic by- Invespcro.com
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
73% of customers find live chat to be the most satisfying way of communicating with a business
42% of customers selected live chat as their preferred method of giving contact information, higher than any other lead generating method
With customer satisfaction rate of 92%, live chat generates more leads than phone, email or social media support
44% of online consumers say that having questions answered by a live person while in the middle of an online purchase is one of the most important features a Web site can offer.
63% of consumers are more likely to return to a website that offers live chat
73% of customers were satisfied with their live chat experience compared to email (51%) and phone (44%)
77% of customers won’t make a purchase if there’s no live chat support
Chatters spend 60% more per purchase than non-chatters.
38% of customers have said that they have made a purchase due to a good live chat session itself
Addition of live chat software to a website typically causes a 20% increase in conversion. Chatters are 2.8x more likely to convert than visitors who don’t chat
Top Reasons why Live Chat is Preferred
Reasons %age Get my questions answered immediately 79% Because I can multi-task 51% Most efficient communication method 46% Better information than if I emailed 29% Don’t like talking on phone 22% Can chat while I’m at work 21% Better information than if I called 15%
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: “Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers.”
Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- The Impact of Seasonality: Conversion optimization During the Holidays
- 9 Components of A Successful CRO Project
- Creating A Growth Plan For Your Saas Startup
- One-tailed vs. Two-tailed A/B testing: Everything You Possibly Need to Know
- Hate them or Love them: Mobile App Push Notifications Impact – Statistics and Trends
- Most Common Conversion Optimization Deliverables
- The Importance of Data Driven Marketing – Statistics and Trends
- 3 Approaches to Harnessing Advanced Digital Insights With Data
- The Paradox of Choice in Web Design: Simplicity vs. Abundance of Choice
- Validity Threats to Your AB Test and How to Minimize Them