The Importance of Same Day Delivery – Statistics and Trends
More than (51%) half of retailers offer same-day delivery and 65% plan to offer it within two years. 49% of shoppers say that same-day delivery makes them more likely to shop online. Check out our infographic on the importance of Same Day delivery and latest same-day delivery statistics and trends.
Infographic by- Invesp Conversion Optimization Company
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
56% online consumers between the age of 18-34 years expect to have same day delivery. Whereas 61% consumers are willing to pay more for the same-day delivery
49% of shoppers say that same-day delivery makes them more likely to shop online
96% of customers consider “fast delivery” to mean same-day delivery
80% of shoppers surveyed want same-day shipping, while 61% want their packages even faster — within 1-3 hours of placing an order.
More than 25% of shoppers would abandon a cart online if same-day shipping wasn’t available
Top two reasons for using same-day delivery:
Reasons %age Needed Order Immediately 50% It Was Free 29%
%age of Global online shoppers that would abandon an order if same delivery wasn’t an option (By category)
Category %age of consumers who will abandon an order Gifts and Flowers 41% Computers and Software 31% Automotive 30% Office Supplies 29% Toys & Video Games 28% Entertainment 26% Musical Instruments 24% Electronics 24% Food & Drink 23% Apparel 22% Sporting Goods 18% Health & Beauty 18% Home & Garden 16% Pet Supplies 16%
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: “Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers.”
Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- What is the impact of a page on the site conversion rate?
- Stop confusing usability with conversion
- Beware of mind games
- My thoughts on Basecamp new head of marketing position
- The Importance of Sale Follow Ups – Statistics and Trends
- Buy Online Pick Up In Store – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- The Importance of Cross Selling and E-commerce Product Recommendations – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- Millennial Online Shopping Habits – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- The State of Local Digital Ad Spending – Statistics and Trends
- Understand The Magic of ‘Habit’