Social commerce, also known as social selling or social shopping, refers to the practice of buying and selling products or services directly from within a social media platform.
In 2020, Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram all relaunched their social commerce tools with a new emphasis on a streamlined online shopping experience.
If the very platforms that facilitate such a trend recognize its importance, you can bet it’s worth considering for your ecommerce business.
Data from eMarketer and Insider Intelligence shows that U.S. retail social commerce sales will reach $36.62 billion in 2021, accounting for 4.3% of total retail ecommerce …Read More
All posts by Darren DeMatas
Connect with us
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- 6 Ideas to Improve Customer Experience Through Your Return Process
- Qualitative vs. Quantitative Research: Which one should you prioritize?
- Customer Testimonials: What is it, Why it Works and How to Use it
- The Best 9 Hotjar Alternatives of 2022 [In-Depth Comparison]
- Should You Choose In House or Agency For Your Marketing Efforts?
- User Research: The Process And The Value It Brings You
- What Is Click Tracking And How It Benefits You
- The Art of Creating Effective Calls to Action
- Open-ended Questions and Closed-ended Questions: What They Are and How They Affect User Research
- What is CRO Marketing and Why You Shouldn’t Ignore It