E-commerce Product Return Rate – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
Did you know at least 30% of all products ordered online are returned as compared to 8.89% in brick-and-mortar stores. 92% of consumers surveyed said that they will buy again if product return process is easy whereas 79% of consumers want free return shipping. Check out our new infographic for latest E-commerce product return rate statistics and trends.
Infographic by- Invesp Conversion Rate Optimization Company
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
Top Reasons why consumers return products
Reason %age Received wrong item 23% Product received looks different 22% Received damaged product 20%
Around 49% of retailers offer free return shipping now whereas 67% of shoppers check the returns page before making a purchase. 62% of shoppers are more likely to shop online if they can return an item in-store. Whereas, 58% of consumers want a hassle-free “no questions asked” return policy, and 47% want an easy-to-print return label.
27% of consumers would purchase an item online that costs more than $1,000 if offered free return shipping as compared to 10% who will purchase it otherwise.
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: "Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers." Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.View All Posts By Khalid Saleh
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
Connect with us
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- Murkier Waters Ahead: Evaluating Marketing Priorities for Growth
- The Use of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence in Conversion Optimization
- How To Connect With Users Emotionally
- Google Analytics 101: A Simple Guide For Beginners
- Augmented Reality in E-commerce – Statistics and Trends
- The illusion of Completeness: How to break this fatal UX design mistake
- How to Analyze A/B Test Results
- JTBD and using it on Conversion Projects
- How much does it cost to hire a CRO firm?
- Road Map to Effective Personalization: When, how and what to do!