The Importance of Optimizing Your Email for Mobile Devices
- Posted in Infographics
Email marketing campaigns are here to stay, as elusive white whales they might become at some point to all of us. We almost thought we were losing them over so many new social platforms, but emails are persistent.
You are diligently growing your company’s email list of subscribers, crafting and delivering hot, reader-centered tips on your newsletters, and segmenting your list for specific campaigns. The beautiful template you found has been filled with top-notch content, distributed through personalized strategies. Great! Now, are you making sure this template is mobile responsive?
Between tablets and phones, you can spot significant increase in online conversion rates for mobile devices.
But do you know how your customers are interacting with promotional emails on their mobile devices?
Over half of consumers have unsubscribed from brand’s promotional e-mails because they didn’t display on mobile. Meaning, non-responsive email designs could cost you half of your list, while a responsive design can give you a 30% higher click-through rate. Find out more key benefits of mobile optimized emails in our new infographic.
Infographic by- Invesp conversion rate and landing page Optimization
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
More than 2/3 of emails are being opened on smartphones and tablets
More than 75% of smartphone owners use their devices to check their email
Estimated Email Open Percentage By Device
Device Email Open Percentage Smartphones 49.53% Tablets 16.81% Desktop 33.66%
Out of the 66% emails opened on mobile devices estimated percentage of Email Open by device type
Mobile Device Email open rate iPhone 42.57% iPad 15.69% Android Phone 6.57% Android Tablets 1.05%
70% of consumers delete emails immediately that don’t render well on a mobile device
Responsive email design results in a 15% increase in unique clicks for mobile users (from a 2.7% average to 3.3%)
The first link in a responsive design email on mobile has a 30% higher click rate than non-responsive design
43% of consumers have marked promotional emails as spam because emails didn’t display or work well on their smartphones
51% of consumers have unsubscribed from brand’s promotional emails because their emails didn’t display well on their smartphones
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: "Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers." Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.View All Posts By Khalid Saleh
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
Connect with us
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- The State of Fake Reviews – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- 11 Customer Service Psychology Secrets that go Down the Funnel, Not Down the Drain
- The State Of Supply Chain Management – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- Measuring Customer Service Effectiveness: eCommerce Customer Service and Support Metrics that matter
- E-Commerce Chatbots – Using Chatbots Customer Support To Improve eCommerce Conversion Rate
- The Rise of E-commerce Subscription Model And Services – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- How to Optimize E-commerce Customer Service and Support for More Conversions?
- The Rise Of Direct To Consumer (D2C) Brands – Statistics and Trends
- How to Understand and Beat Competitors!
- 10 Ways To Boost Gift Cards And Wish Lists Conversions On Ecommerce Websites