Online Ad Fraud – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- Posted in Infographics
Did you know digital ad fraud takes $1 for every $3 spent on digital ads and online advertisers are estimated to loss $7.2 Billion globally to bots in 2016. 37% of advertisers surveyed are ready to pay a premium of 11% or more for certified human traffic. Check out our infographic on Digital ad fraud for latest statistics and trends.
Infographic by- Invesp Landing Page Optimization Company
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
Bots account for 56% of overall website traffic and 25% of publishers have no way to detect non-human traffic. 72% of the loss associated with the web’s fraudulent traffic happens on desktops and 28 percent on mobile.
Bot fraud impacted up to 37 percent of ads, compared to up to 22 percent observed in a similar study in 2014. Programmatic video ads had 73 percent more bots than the average. About 25 percent of video ad impressions and more than half of third-party sourced traffic was fraudulent.
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: "Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers." Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.View All Posts By Khalid Saleh
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- Crunching UX Data for Actionable Insights
- Which Comes First? Content or Layout?
- 6 Uncomfortable Thoughts On AB Testing
- Influencer Marketing Fraud – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- Compliance gaining: What is it and how it can generate higher conversions?
- 15 Different AB Tests That Can Boost Your Lead Generation Conversions
- Polls —are they annoying pop-ups or can they derive value?
- US Online Grocery Shopping – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- Tasks for a Usability test: Everything you need to know
- Writing open-ended and closed-ended questions for user research