If you are a regular reader of this blog, you know that the secret of improving site conversion rate starts with your visitors. It is a lot easier to talk hypothetically about a creating client focused site, but implementation is another story. Stepping out of your comfort zone and stepping into your site visitor’s shoes will help you to better understand them, especially their needs and wants. At the end creating the perfect website starts with building user confidence, creating quality content, keeping design simple and providing real value to your visitors.
Let’s take John for example, a first …Read More
How many times have you walked into a store and been so enthralled with product that you just couldn’t imagine your life without it? I hope not too many times! But seriously, sometimes companies do such a great job advertising their product or service you think you can’t live without it. Like some of those infomercials; I mean I watch them KNOWING that the item is most likely crappy because of previous experiences; but they still now how to advertise their product so well. They understand what the client is looking for, what they would want to see, and …Read More
It sounds all too familiar: limited budget, limited resources and a website that does not generate enough revenue, right? So if this is you, where should you start? If your online sales are low then conventional wisdom tells you to bring more people to your site. It is a numbers game after all, isn’t it? The more people you bring, the higher are your chances of converting more of these visitors into actually clients. Of course companies that sell conversion optimization services would disagree with this completely. But just like many other realities online, the truth is somewhere in …Read More
I learned the hard way that I make too many assumptions when talking to prospects as I was going through a presentation for a website conversion optimization project. Part of the presentation dealt with the math behind site conversion. Nothing too complex, just the basics, or at least that is what I thought. The puzzled look on the faces of the two managers was funny as well as thought provoking. On the negative side, I do not think that client will sign up with our services. On the positive side, the experience gave me a topic for my next …Read More
- Compliance gaining: What is it and how it can generate higher conversions?
- 15 Different AB Tests That Can Boost Your Lead Generation Conversions
- Polls —are they annoying pop-ups or can they derive value?
- US Online Grocery Shopping – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- Tasks for a Usability test: Everything you need to know
- Writing open-ended and closed-ended questions for user research
- The Importance of Customer Experience Management – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- Writing effective qualitative research notes
- Using session replay videos to identify conversion problems on a website
- What is the impact of a page on the site conversion rate?
Latest Blog Posts