The Importance of Customer Loyalty Programs – Statistics and Trends
Did you know 61% of retailers cite customer retention as their biggest obstacle and a 5% increase in customer loyalty can increase the average profit per customer by 25% – 100%. Around 58% of respondents buy from these stores and brands whose loyalty programs they belong to at least once a month.
69% of consumers say choice of retailer is influenced by where they can earn customer loyalty/rewards program points whereas 57.4% of consumers join loyalty programs to save money, 37.5% to receive rewards. Check out our latest infographic to understand the importance of customer loyalty programs and how they influence consumer purchase decisions.
Infographic by- Invesp Conversion Rate Optimization Consuting
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
64% of retailers say their loyalty/rewards program is the best way to connect with consumers
50% of consumers changed their behavior to reach a higher tier within a loyalty program
On average, loyal customers are worth up to 10x as much as their first purchase.
The average repeat customer spends 67% more in their 31st to 36th months of their relationship with a business than in months 0-6.
49% of consumers agree they spend more after having joined a loyalty program
76% of consumers think that loyalty programs are a part of their relationship with brands
83% said loyalty programs make them more likely to continue doing business with certain companies.
74% of travel customers surveyed have made purchasing decisions based on travel reward programs.
67% of customers said surprise gifts are very important for loyalty programs
55% of millennials claim to be more brand loyal today, compared to 39% of consumers in the 35-and-older group
More from my site
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: "Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers." Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.View All Posts By Khalid Saleh
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to CustomersBy Khalid Saleh and Ayat ShukairyGet a Copy
- 10 Most Common Trust Related Problems Affecting the Conversion Rate of Your Website
- 11 Deadly Landing Page Sins Every Marketer Needs To Avoid
- US Programmatic Ad Spending – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- 4 Reasons to Continue with Social Media Despite Their Low Conversion Rates
- Global In-app Purchase Revenue Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- 4 Time-Tested Principles of Psychology that Will Help You Increase Your Conversion Rates
- How To Increase Your Conversion Rate Using Persuasion At Every Stage In The E-commerce Conversion Funnel
- 8 Ways You Can Tweak Your Microcopy To Boost Your Conversion Rates
- 5 Tips to Create an Engaging Email Marketing Campaign
- 6 Underrated but Effective Conversion Optimization Techniques