The Importance of Customer Loyalty Programs – Statistics and Trends
Did you know 61% of retailers cite customer retention as their biggest obstacle and a 5% increase in customer loyalty can increase the average profit per customer by 25% – 100%. Around 58% of respondents buy from these stores and brands whose loyalty programs they belong to at least once a month.
69% of consumers say choice of retailer is influenced by where they can earn customer loyalty/rewards program points whereas 57.4% of consumers join loyalty programs to save money, 37.5% to receive rewards. Check out our latest infographic to understand the importance of customer loyalty programs and how they influence consumer purchase decisions.
Infographic by- Invesp Conversion Rate Optimization Consuting
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
64% of retailers say their loyalty/rewards program is the best way to connect with consumers
50% of consumers changed their behavior to reach a higher tier within a loyalty program
On average, loyal customers are worth up to 10x as much as their first purchase.
The average repeat customer spends 67% more in their 31st to 36th months of their relationship with a business than in months 0-6.
49% of consumers agree they spend more after having joined a loyalty program
76% of consumers think that loyalty programs are a part of their relationship with brands
83% said loyalty programs make them more likely to continue doing business with certain companies.
74% of travel customers surveyed have made purchasing decisions based on travel reward programs.
67% of customers said surprise gifts are very important for loyalty programs
55% of millennials claim to be more brand loyal today, compared to 39% of consumers in the 35-and-older group
More from my site
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: "Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers." Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.View All Posts By Khalid Saleh
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to CustomersBy Khalid Saleh and Ayat ShukairyGet a Copy
- 12 Lessons from Running 512 A/B Tests in One Year
- Conversion Optimization System: 12-Steps for Consistent Increases in Conversion Rates
- The Conversion Framework: 7 principles to increase conversion rates
- An Expert Guide To Optimize Your SaaS Pricing Strategy
- The Average Website Conversion Rate by Industry
- E-commerce Fraud And Chargebacks – Statistics And Trends
- Google Analytics Metrics That Impact Conversion Rate Optimization
- How To Calculate Your Website Or Campaign Conversion Rate
- How to Create a Robust Conversion Optimization Plan?
- What is Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) and Why Is It Important?