Reduce your shopping cart abandonment rate by 30%
- Posted in Shopping Cart
I would love to be able to share the actual client data but they would like to remain anonymous. Ayat is leading a full website conversion optimization project for an apparel company. We focused on the checkout process during the first phase of the project. Our goal was to reduce shopping cart abandonment rates. We asked the client do 3 things:
1. Add an “assurance center” to the right navigation of the cart page. The goal is to reduce any FUDDs, customers may have (note: image of Land’s End assurance certain is an example. They are not our client)
2. Remove a reset (erase) button on the cart page (who invented reset buttons anyways?)
3. Add security seals next to the call to action button.
The client came back and said, “That is it?”
Yep, that is all for this round.
The results? A whopping 30% decrease in shopping cart abandonment rate. Pretty nice, don’t you think?
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: "Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers." Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.View All Posts By Khalid Saleh
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
Connect with us
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- 10 Marketing Podcast Episodes You Should Listen to
- Post COVID-19 era: What Growth Teams need to look at in the next 3 months
- Do loyalty programs work? What’s their Impact on Customer Retention?
- Google Analytics: Recency and Frequency and MCF Reports
- Omnichannel Customer Service In E-Commerce
- Stop Listening To The Customer
- How we tripled user activation rate on FigPii
- The State of Fake Reviews – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- 11 Customer Service Psychology Secrets that go Down the Funnel, Not Down the Drain
- The State Of Supply Chain Management – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]