Reduce your shopping cart abandonment rate by 30%
- Posted in Shopping Cart
I would love to be able to share the actual client data but they would like to remain anonymous. Ayat is leading a full website conversion optimization project for an apparel company. We focused on the checkout process during the first phase of the project. Our goal was to reduce shopping cart abandonment rates. We asked the client do 3 things:
1. Add an “assurance center” to the right navigation of the cart page. The goal is to reduce any FUDDs, customers may have (note: image of Land’s End assurance certain is an example. They are not our client)
2. Remove a reset (erase) button on the cart page (who invented reset buttons anyways?)
3. Add security seals next to the call to action button.
The client came back and said, “That is it?”
Yep, that is all for this round.
The results? A whopping 30% decrease in shopping cart abandonment rate. Pretty nice, don’t you think?
Khalid Saleh is CEO and co-founder of Invesp. He is the co-author of Amazon.com bestselling book: “Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Visitors into Customers.”
Khalid is an in-demand speaker who has presented at such industry events as SMX, SES, PubCon, Emetrics, ACCM and DMA, among others.
Join 25,000+ Marketing Professionals
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the Invesp blog feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. or,receive weekly updates by email:
The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers
By Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy
- Why Welcome Emails Are Important – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- The Reason CRO is FLAWed
- No Low Hanging Fruits Here: Reflections on Running Conversion Projects
- Using Persuasive Web Design to Increase Conversion Rates
- Websites X-Rayed Series: A Deep Dive Evaluation of 200 Top E-commerce Cart Pages
- The Importance of Referral Marketing – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- Calculating Sample Size For An AB Test
- Speaker Diaries: Inbound 2018
- The State of Voice Shopping – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
- Multiple Testing Problem: How Adding More Variations To Your AB Test Will Impact Your Results?