One of the most important ways the internet revolutionized marketing is by adding true accountability to it. Pre-internet there was no real way to measure the result of running marketing efforts. There was a clear separation between spending money on a marketing campaign and getting some measureable and quantifiable results for that campaign. There were no tools to give real detailed data on the success of a campaign. And even in the cases where some information could be collected, most marketing professionals did not care much for it since after all it’s the job of the accounting department to …Read More
After presenting the concept of personas to our clients they are confused because they think persona development is the same thing as market segmentation. It’s important emphasize that they’re not the same. However, persona creation relies heavily on market segmentation. In order to create personas you need to understand the market segmentation and the various customer profiles you compiled by your team. Segmentation and all that it entails is the means to generate the personas for your site.
Market Segmentation is the division of the market or population into subgroups with similar motivations. Widely used bases for segmenting include geographic …Read More
Last week I attended a webinar held by elastic path’s Jason Billingsley with guest speaker Mellissa Burdon of Future Now. The topic was 7 ways to boost your holiday conversion rate. It’s always nice to hear the guys at Future Now talking about conversion, and I thought that this webinar was particularly interesting.
The webinar’s main goal was to present 7 solutions that can be easily implemented to improve conversion rate. I will list the 7 points and elaborate on my thoughts of each:
1. Product Images Tell a Story
Your products need to elaborate more on their details …Read More
Everybody’s looking for that quick fix to increase their traffic. So is there something out there that’s really fast and effective? Well, there’s an option of signing up with sites that will most likely scam you out of your money, or you can implement any of the following tips:
• Get with the program: start blogging! So if you haven’t noticed yet, everyone is blogging. Big companies, small companies, and professionals at every level have taken on blogging, and so should you. Don’t think that your line of work or your organization doesn’t require a blog; if you have a website, you …Read More
You might have heard various numbers about how many seconds the average person is willing to spend looking for what he wants on a website before leaving to look elsewhere. It is difficult to get a trustworthy measure of the average and many companies with the resources to get truly accurate stats would not disclose it anyway. I have heard numbers as low as 7 seconds.
Whatever the average time, the fact is people are impatient online and you will not change that. As a matter of fact, the situation will probably get worse as bandwidth gets bigger, sites …Read More
Whether you want to increase your site sales, the number of leads you generate from your site or simply increase brand awareness, I will let you in on a secret. No matter how many conversion experts you talk to, no matter what complicated, jargon-filled explanation they use, increasing conversion rate comes down to examining your site from three elements. Sounds too simple?
To sell better online and to convert more, examine each page of your site from the following three aspects:
1. Who are you targeting on that page?
2. What actions do you want them to take on that …Read More
- Value Proposition:What is It, How It Works, And Why You Should Pay Attention to It
- Are Customer Journey Maps More Than A Pretty Diagram? Are They Worth The Investment?
- The Importance of Same Day Delivery – Statistics and Trends
- A Case Against Personas
- The Importance of Influencer Marketing – Statistics and Trends
- How PURE Can Boost Your Website Conversion Rates To A Whole New Level
- How A Cognitive Walkthrough Can Improve Website Usability and Conversions
- Navigational Stress Tests: How to Increase Conversions With Three Simple Questions?
- Six Steps to Creating The Complete Customer Journey Maps
- Personas Strategy : What you Need to Know and How to Copy it
Latest Blog Posts