Ready to go ahead with optimizing your site for conversions? Great!
Let’s start by discovering the essential concepts behind online conversion.
Too many companies jump into conversion optimization without a real plan or a methodology to identify candidate areas of optimization. Very often, the process is too simplistic and does not consider website visitors in a meaningful way.
CRO is a comprehensive process that only succeeds when it involves two elements:
- Identifying areas of the website that should be optimized
- Following a repeatable process to optimize these areas
If you don’t recognize the leaky holes in your site and don’t apply the right methodology, your optimization efforts are destined to fail.
When optimizing your site for conversions, you can’t just start anywhere.
Random guesswork will lead to wasted time, effort, and money. On top of producing unreliable results. Well, that is the exact opposite of what you are looking for.
In the short video below, Khalid sums up the steps you should take to plan a successful conversion optimization.
This chapter of our guide walks you through seven key tasks, to help in identifying poor-converting areas of your website, in following a process to optimize them, and in becoming familiar with essential concepts of online conversion.
In the next sections, you will learn about:
- Identifying your website conversion goals
- Prioritizing your website conversion goals
- Recognizing and tracking conversion paths
- Detecting macro and micro funnels of conversion
- Observing the primary goal of each web page in your site
- Tracking your visitors’ behavior with an analytics program
- Calculating your website conversion rate
You will find four exercises to answer through the chapter. With each answer, you will gain better insights on your website.